• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Please just respond if you have answers!

Bunchobird

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Mali
So im asking if anyone has most likely firtile parakeet eggs that they will be willing to ship to me, or if you know anyone with eggs that i can incubate to hatch. NO NEGATIVITY PLEASE!

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Fertile parrot eggs would be unlikely to survive shipping due to movement and lack of consistent temperatures.

That's not negative, that's just reality.

Where are you located? That may help you find people in your area that have eggs available.

Destiny

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Destiny
Parrot eggs cannot be shipped safely, so you will need to find a local source if you must have eggs.

Can I ask the reason for wanting hatching eggs instead of an older baby?

You would have better luck searching for a reputable breeder selling hand-raised babies, rather than shopping for eggs. The breeder will get the chick past the hard parts with the help of their parents and then you will get a cute well-socialized, healthy, fully weaned and hand-tame baby parakeet, ready for love, instead of an egg smaller than your thumbnail.

It is not necessary to rear a budgie from the egg
to form a tight bond. They are very sociable birds.

Britnicorn

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Britney
Hand raising a bird will not make it bond to you. Most birds that are hand raised/fed end up growing out of their owners. You have a better chance of bonding super closely with an older one than a handraised bird.

They don't love you when they're being handraised by you, they only rely on you as they are completely dependent on their parents.
I handraised Phoenix because he was a rescue, and he's so independent now. Most of my day is spent just working at the computer while Phoenix does his own thing, and he would rather do his own thing (or play with Raiju). I was also super lucky with him, most handraised hatchlings from day one do not survive. I urge you to look at the Nursery Rhyme Drive thread, as so many birds that were hand-raised from a super young age (due to issues with the parents) do not make it.

Also, look around the forum, so many people have a super tight bond with their birdies even though they did not hand-raise them.

Look at this thread also, showing how once they grow up they most likely won't be super close with you anymore

I really hate to be rude but enough is enough, you won't find any eggs because it is just not right. It's incredibly selfish to want to hand-raise a newborn hatchling and risk their life for this bond you want (which isn't even achievable through hand-feeding).

tka

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Anyone willing to sell you fertile parrot eggs is scamming you. Even if you find a site promising you these, do not give them your money.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Good luck getting your budgie eggs in the mail :rolleyes:

Can I ask the reason for wanting hatching eggs instead of an older baby?
Bluberry, a recently weaned chick will give you the best chance for an easy relationship. They have just split from their ¨parents¨and are looking for their new flock to live with.
That, or an older bird that chooses you.

I raised one of my birds from 5 days old. I hand fed her three times a day for almost SIX months! 3 times the norm. She was always so close to me. But she weaned now and grown, she went off searching her own mate. She now has her partner and put me on one end of the room and him on the other and she´ll go to him every time. That´s the way it works. I can still handle her and interact with her, but I could have done that if I hadn´t been involved in the handfeeding and raising process at all.
I weaned and gifted a bird to my neighbour upstairs. And they have the same sort of relationship as I have with any of my birds.

Bunchobird

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Mali
YALLLL bluberry was caught in the WILD she is FULLY MATURE!! I DID NOT WANT A ADULT BUDGIE! I am NOT selfish! I LOVE babies, i have the TIME. i have an incubator! i am located in Panama city, i have nothing better to do than to waste my time hand feeding a baby for however long. does it really matter?? chickens are BORING! i like hand- feeding, and ive done it before at a bird rescue! sooooooo

Destiny

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Destiny
Sooooooo yeah. I don't think you are going to get the answers you want to hear from this community.

Good luck in your egg-hunt.

flyzipper

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Steve
I DID NOT WANT A ADULT BUDGIE! I am NOT selfish! I LOVE babies
With that criteria, you might want to consider finding a mentor to learn about breeding your own birds; that's the only way you'll have your own source of babies.
Since you don't want adults, it sounds like you won't have a problem letting them go to new homes once they're weaned (assuming there's a market for them where you live).

(please don't skip the "finding a mentor" part of that)

anyone know why my budgies bird kabob has blood on it?
Examine Bluberry, rather than the kabob, and I suspect you'll find the answer.

Gigibirds

firtile parakeet eggs that they will be willing to ship to me
So I'm not trying to be 'negative' here, but I'm trying to help you understand the problem. Even if you did find fertile parakeet eggs that weren't a scam and did ship to you, they wouldn't survive! So no place can successfully ship the eggs to you. Now, you might be able to find a place within driving distance, but it's not a very good idea, and probably none will survive. So unless you want to breed your birds and incubate their eggs, there's pretty much no way that this idea could work. Sorry!

I'm also just against the idea of incubating eggs and trying to raise newly-hatched parrots. They are so complicated, and there is no way that you can do it as well or safely as their parents could. Birds do it best!

Pippa!

Walking the driveway
Mizzly is right. Parakeet eggs are so delicate. If you do find someone though have them wrap the eggs in bubble wrap and put ANY soft thing around them. Also have them write “live animal embryos” on the package. My friend breeds chickens and ships their eggs all over the country. Unfortunately some of the mail carriers ignore fragile signs she puts all over the box. One person had their eggs thrown over a fence even though they paid for special handling. My friend started writing live animal embryos, which is just a fertilized egg, on the boxes and hasn’t had an problem since. Lol:laughing6:

Pippa!

Walking the driveway
If you don't want an adult, why get a baby? They all grow up. Bluberry still seems like a lovely bird, even if she was feral.
Baby birds are adorable and amazing beings! But adult birds are just as cute and amazing! I really encourage you to just get a young adult.