• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Please Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmberMuffinz

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Also, even if he does end up losing a foot that does not mean he won't be able to live a happy fulfilled life. There are so many handicapped birds on AA that can attest to that, Yuna is the most recent and Carole has linked you to her story. Even if his injury is severe enough to lose his toes or foot, I cannot believe that it would be right to euthanize him.

cyndaquil143

Sitting on the front steps
Real Name
ACCOUNT IS INACTIVE
I don't appreciate being called naive. What happened happened. I am not a 12 year old little girl. Do you think I wanted to give him up???! Don't you think I'm already extremely upset with the outcome??? Like seriously come on people. I did some of you a favor to keep you updated. Stop flaming me. Yes I probably could have been his last hope but i probably am not. That store keeper is my friend. I'm done here. Anyone who offends me again will be reported. Thank you.

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
Roadies, I think what we all want is for Mouse to get proper help so he can survive this and live a happy, healthy life if possible. It's difficult sometimes to not get caught up in emotions but please try and control your posts so the good advice being given is not clouded and misinterpreted. Thanks for caring so much and wanting to help.
:hug8:

AmberMuffinz

Avenue Veteran
I apologize if I upset you in any way whatsoever. Sometimes it's hard because we have seen so many bad stories and we don't want that to happen to anyone else. I remember one girl who came on and had two young birds die in her care because the person who gave them to her didn't finish handfeeding them, and instead wanted her to even though she had no experience at doing it. Again, I'm sorry if I offended you. We just want the best for our fellow roadies and their birdies, sometimes it's hard not to intervene with our own thoughts of skepticism. :hug8:

roxynoodle

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I Can't Stop Posting!
Real Name
Audrey
Yes, let's just hope for the best possible outcome for Mouse.

suileeka

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lindsay
:(

Greycloud

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I do hope the original owners helps this baby. It has gone to long with out care. :(
Question, who trimmed his tail feathers?
:confused:

AmberMuffinz

Avenue Veteran
I do hope the original owners helps this baby. It has gone to long with out care. :(
Question, who trimmed his tail feathers?
:confused:
In the video she said that the man she got Mouse from trimmed his wing and tail feathers.

Greycloud

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Thanks. Poor baby. I hope he gets better.

Laurul Feather Cat

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lois
Come on guys, these are young ladies that have no power in their dealings with the people who control the money. They came here for support and we gave them all the stock answers without thinking about their limits. Hopefully Mouse I will get help from the seller; afterall it is not a huge injury that cannot be treated easily; I probably would not have taken him to a vet and treated him myself.

Girls, I am sorry you feel you got put down by being called naieve. Come on and give us all another chance to show we are good people. Some of us just got overly real with their comments and wrapped up in the debate.

I am sorry.

Greycloud

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I never said anything mean to these girls! I simply said that I hope this bird got the care it needs. I remarked about the tail because it is very unusual to clip a birds tail.
Honestly though you have to understand that people on an avian forum will get upset if they see a bird is not getting treatment because someone is to busy at this point to take them. For us not to respond would be just as irresponsible.

LauraLovelyness

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Laura
I just wanted to put something here. I did get upset being called Naive by Carol. Yes I am a new bird owner. I am sure when you first got a bird you made wrong choices too. We joined here because we thought it was a nice place to get advice. My friend doesn't even want to come on here anymore because of that. The tail feathers were cut by the man. I was actually EXCITED when I found this place by accident. It had tons of information on it. Now I am not even sure if I want to post anymore because I am afraid of getting mean comments. Yes I am a young 20year old first time bird owner with limits on money . I came here for advice. She at least tried!

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I just wanted to put something here. I did get upset being called Naive by Carol. Yes I am a new bird owner. I am sure when you first got a bird you made wrong choices too. We joined here because we thought it was a nice place to get advice. My friend doesn't even want to come on here anymore because of that. The tail feathers were cut by the man. I was actually EXCITED when I found this place by accident. It had tons of information on it. Now I am not even sure if I want to post anymore because I am afraid of getting mean comments. Yes I am a young 20year old first time bird owner with limits on money . I came here for advice. She at least tried!

People get very passionate around here. There have been a few times I've felt "attacked" as well, but I realized later in hindsight that those that I felt were mean to me only had the bird's best interest at heart. It's hard to truly understand tone in a setting like this. The best advice is to realize that its not usually YOU that they are upset about, but the SITUATION, especially when it is a situation that they have seen before. This place is dedicated to the birds, and their health, happiness, and care - and unfortunately when one of those isn't being met, some people get very vocal about it.

I do hope you stick around; there is a lot of great information and great people. There are almost 5,000 registered members on this board - don't take the passionate replies of a few and let them spoil your time here.

Featherpaws

Jogging around the block
i just wanted to point out, if that bird is seen by this person to get healed, in the photos, the toes were turning black, thats a sign that the tissue is dying. this bird will likely lose its toes at this point, so i do hope the person who took him in does get him to the vet and doesnt try home treatments as its possible to lose his whole leg. its a birds natural response if there is risk of infection in the foot the foot will "die" and fall off. it is a natural defense to protect a bird from systematic infection.

at least your friend tried, its better than nothing at least, and who are we to put down their efforts? they could have just let it be instead of actually looking for help. yes, its a sad and less than ideal situation, but its better than doing nothing.

Laurul Feather Cat

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lois
Come on, Laura and Cindi, step up to the plate and take another swing at the ball. Don't go huffing off due to hurt feelings. All of us here on the forum are dedicated to birds and get carried away once in a while with the situation a bird is in, but usually not the person doing the posting. You both are dedicated and loving bird owners and want only what is best for your babies. This place is the best place on the web for info and dedicated, loving people.

Show your maturity and stay, please.:hug8:

lalagimp

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kayla
I know what things look like, but this is a first time bird owner and checking with people to find out the severity of the issue. Many people do not know what medical treatment can cost and salespeople aren't exactly forthcoming. Many big box chains even offer a 14 day guarantee to their animals if you bring them back with the receipt and a health issue. You are refunded and option to buy your bird back when the treatment is complete, if it wasn't too complex to fix.

You stub your toe. Your nail embeds bacteria into the skin. The toe gets infected. In most cases you clean it and baby it and it gets better. Everytime I get an owie from stubbing my toe I don't go to the doctor.

They asked.
They came here and asked. If they're forthcoming then there is no history of being educated to this before as FIRST TIME owners.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but at least try to understand your opposition. I don't have to agree with it but I take the time to understand why and not berate people.

Last edited:

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
I am sorry if you were offended. Naive is not a bad word. It just means you don't have a lot of experience with situations such as this. Anyone under 30 is young to me.:hug8:

Last edited:

Milo

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jenny
My question is this: What happens if Mouse the 2nd gets injured?

I know we can all only do the best we can with what we've got. I hope that little one gets treatment and an honest shot at life.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.