• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Please Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

all4stvoyager

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sara
I haven't seen Bella drink in about 36 hours. She ate millet from my hand this afternoon; that's all she has eaten that I can tell.

What should I do?

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
is she pooping?

deee

Avenue Veteran
Zaz our CAG wouldnt drink .. somone said give him ICE! It worked immediatly.. wet it first tho so the tounge doesnt stick to it!!

kastelling

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Megan
Violet can easily go all day without drinking when she is at work with me. I freaked out at first, but she's fine- perky and sassy, etc. I just don't think tiels drink lots of water- think about where they originally came from- dry areas, etc.

all4stvoyager

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sara
She is pooping. Well, right now she's sleeping...but overall today she groomed, stretched a lot, chattered, flew around a bit, slept, gave me kisses :), explored a tiny bit (not as much as I would expect)...

TextsFromParrots

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
Kristen
You might try offering some grapes? They're full of moisture and might be a good treat.

all4stvoyager

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sara
oo good idea. ill go get some first thing tmw!

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
ok..you had to sleep sometime right? I will bet you she drank while you were asleep....offer a couiple more bowls of water in the cage too.

all4stvoyager

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sara
Ok. I'll add a couble bowls of water in her cage tmw morning. I don't want to freak her out tonight.

Thank you.

ashbirdlady

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Christa
What did she eat in this time period? Offer apple, grapes, melon etc in addition to her regular meals
Christa

all4stvoyager

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sara
Thanks Christa. All I have seen her eat is a lot of millet from the palm of my hand early this afternoon.

ashbirdlady

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Christa
Hmmm.....what do you offer her daily? If her poops are normal that means she is eating, just not when you see her.
Christa

minirachie

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Rachel
This happened with my skittles,
I thought he wasn't drinking, and people on AA said check the poop, if it's runny he is hydrated, if dry then not, skittles poop was dry, so what I did was I introduced the water bowl to him. I grabbed it and offered the bowl near his neck, nd I would splash it a bit, and then would sort of push it to him ( as a way of saying go on have some!) also talk to him and make noises like "Oooooo, Yumm Yumm!" and he might dip his beak and have a look, if not, put it back in the origan spot, after that, skittles came and drank, and no more dry poop :)
As for food, i was also giving skittles millet, and so he took no interest in his actual food, so i took skittles out of the cage and repeated the water thing, and maybe pick bits of fruit/ vegetables from it and feed them to him in your hand, and that's how skittles started eating. Now he wakes me up every morning, and wont stop screaming until he gets his breakfast!
Good Luck! :)

all4stvoyager

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sara
Ok, this morning I saw her take a couple sips of water!!! YAY

And while I am holding her, she will eat apple, strawberry, yellow pepper and millet. Are they really such social birds that she wont eat unless I am feeding it to her? I am not always going to have time several times a day to feed her...

minirachie

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Rachel
Feed some to here, then have some in your hand nd drop it in the food bowl, if she really wants it, she will eat from the bowl to get it :)

Angelicarboreals

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Angela
Glad to hear that she was able to eat and drink for you. How is she today?

all4stvoyager

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sara
She is wonderful. She was so excited to see me this morning. She practically ran onto my hand. She has eaten some fresh foods already. And her poops are much wetter today, so I think we're good on that end. Her poops are super green though. I am not used to that. Maybe cause she eats more seed than my ekkies?

d'oh...just found out she likes my laptop :o:

minirachie

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Rachel
Yes, Skittles had green poop too when he first started with me, I never got an answer so I'm interested in what the green poop means Lol
Celebration that all is going well :laughing12: Oh my god, I think I saw a picture on this forum or google...but somebody's laptop keys were COMPLETLY destroyed LOL ........I would hide your laptop if I were you :D

Status
Not open for further replies.