• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Please help

Cocokiwi

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Janelle
I’m new to the website, no idea how things work sorry lol. I have a question about two budgies I bought yesterday. They were both still scared when I woke up this morning so I decided to play recordings I found on YouTube and they both seemed to really like it, they were chirping, moving around and exploring their toys and even eating. But they stop when the recordings stop and they go very still. I would like to continue playing the recordings but I read somewhere online that it can stess your bird out, I don’t want them stressing out but without the recordings they don’t move at all. What should I do?

Monaco

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kelly Hill
I think you can trust your judgment about how they're responding to it. I've read similar things, but I think that refers to repetitive playing of voice training or just anything on repeat, especially while no one is home. It would drive anyone crazy!

@Staff might move your thread. Don't worry too much about it! The behavior byway is a very good resource, and of course the budgie (boulevard, I think) will help you too. I find excellent ideas and information all over, and in every species section.

:welcometrain:

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Welcome to the Avenue :hiya:

Budgies will always be happiest with more budgies around so I would be guessing the sound of the extra birds is possibly bringing comfort to your little ones. I am not certain but that is my guess.

@PoukieBear @Lady Jane @Ripshod

TikkiTembo

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Chelsea
I play music or bird sounds to my birds all the time. My Cockatoo even watches Parrot Town videos on YouTube!

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
Given their reaction it's safe to say they enjoyed it. It's a fact that when it goes quiet in the wild it means danger - maybe a predator around. When the birds are chirping and singing it means everything is safe. I'd carry on with the YouTube vids, at least until a time they trust you enough to feel safe, and even then a little bit every day can do no harm.
:welave:

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
Welcome I used to Play Winged migration to my G2 Percy all day In fact I wore out five copies of the DVD without any problems

Cocokiwi

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Janelle
Thank you guys so much for replying, big help!

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Welcome to the Avenue Janelle! :starshower1:

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator