• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Please Help!

BirbBorb

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Justin Robert Coloma
I just made an account today because I just noticed that my bird has a strange black marking on his beak, it appeared yesterday and i’m not sure how. His name is cloud, I’ve had him for a year and a half now and he eats sensible seed from Zupreem (I listed this in case it may be a dietary issue). Anyone know what’s wrong? 04AF8D6F-F345-4AE0-A596-DBA9E9217D6D.jpeg

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
Hi @BirbBorb and welcome to the forum. I am not sure what is causing the beak discoloration, but I hope it's not bruising, or diet. Is he eating veggies at all? He's sure beautiful.

Ripshod

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
I honestly wouldn't like to try and say what this is. It's not really clear in the photo though it does appear to be on the surface of the beak. So maybe food?
Having said that there does appear to be some misalignment. Is he eating okay?

BirbBorb

Real Name
Justin Robert Coloma
I honestly wouldn't like to try and say what this is. It's not really clear in the photo though it does appear to be on the surface of the beak. So maybe food?
Having said that there does appear to be some misalignment. Is he eating okay?
Hi @BirbBorb and welcome to the forum. I am not sure what is causing the beak discoloration, but I hope it's not bruising, or diet. Is he eating veggies at all? He's sure beautiful.
I’ve tried getting him to eat veggies but he’s always afraid. He’s been sleeping a lot today as well, I also touched his beak while petting him and it seems to be something on his beak, but I can’t be too sure.

Ripshod

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
I’ve tried getting him to eat veggies but he’s always afraid. He’s been sleeping a lot today as well, I also touched his beak while petting him and it seems to be something on his beak, but I can’t be too sure.
You have the advantage of being able to see all around the beak. If it looks like something stuck to the surface of his beak if he goes back to normal then it probably is just food or something stuck to the beak. If he seems to sleep a lot tomorrow then it's probably vet time, just to be sure.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Since he is not eating a variety of food for one year chances are he may be developing liver issues. Time for a vet visit and diet change. All seed diet will make him very sick. Why is he afraid of a dish of chopped veggies?

BirbBorb

Real Name
Justin Robert Coloma
I just made an account today because I just noticed that my bird has a strange black marking on his beak, it appeared yesterday and i’m not sure how. His name is cloud, I’ve had him for a year and a half now and he eats sensible seed from Zupreem (I listed this in case it may be a dietary issue). Anyone know what’s wrong? View attachment 325986
UPDATE: He’s alright everyone, turns out it was just poop stuck to his nose! I’ll try getting him to eat some fruits and veggies but regularly putting some stuff in their cage to avoid liver disease.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Welcome to the forum!

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
Glad it was something simple! He's a cutie!!!!

If you need some ideas for converting, here you go! :)

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Welcome to the Avenue Justin! :starshower1: