• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Please Help

firdy num num

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Eden
Hi Parronts,
I have a situation about my budgies, :( I got my budgies in 2012 so it has been about 2 years from then. My female Lola has been bossing around my other budgie Brutus, she sometimes doesn't let Brutus go near her food bowl so I decided to put another bowl in their for Brutus.

Lola also pecks at Brutus when she wants to go into her spot, (they both share the spot,) but Lola is more bossy than before. What should I do? Is it possible if the female can sense that the Male is sterile from the eggs not hatching?
Thanks for your help, I'm just not sure what to do. :huh:

Laurul Feather Cat

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lois
I would put them in separate cages as a start towards figuring out what the hens problem is with the clock. It could be she just is tired of sharing a cage with him or she doesn't like him. Have you ever actually seen them mate, you noted her eggs never hatch. Either he and she are incompatible or she is not allowing him to mate with her. The hen could just not like him.

firdy num num

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Eden
I would put them in separate cages as a start towards figuring out what the hens problem is with the clock. It could be she just is tired of sharing a cage with him or she doesn't like him. Have you ever actually seen them mate, you noted her eggs never hatch. Either he and she are incompatible or she is not allowing him to mate with her. The hen could just not like him.
No, I have never seem them mate before. I'm always at school, not sure of they do or not. :sour: