• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

911 PLEASE HELP (URGENT) BABY BUDGIES IN DISTRESS

Arin

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Arin
PLEASE HELP! I found my two baby budgies severely attacked by another bird. I have separated that bird into a smaller cage. The greener baby has its beak loose on one side. I have absolutely no vets near me and I can not travel because of this whole annoying pandemic. The bleeding has stopped but I am scared for the green baby as I do not know what to do with it’s beak and I am not sure what I will feed it in the future because no pet shops near me sell baby formula except for Ebay and Amazon (Couriers are from China). I am very experienced but this is the first ever time I have encountered a problem like this. Thanks all

Attachments

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Keep baby warm, and for now if you have pellets you can moisten them to make it easier for him to eat. I've moved your thread to the 911 forum and hopefully someone will be able to help more

Arin

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Arin
Thanks. The mother is taking extra care and is scarcely leaving their side. I think the baby with the bad beak is getting food from his mother so should I interrupt it?

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
No I would let her keep feeding him

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I'm so sorry Sweetheart, will mom at least let you clean the wounds? Do you have at least any kind of antibiotic cream? Anything? Sending prayers,,
@Monica

Arin

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Arin
No, I don’t have any antibiotic cream but the two babies seem very lively and playful despite being hurt very badly. They are two strong fighters! Thank you and I will try to clean the wounds and I think the mother will let me as she is very trusting with my hands and sees that I have helped her.

Arin

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Arin
Ok and thank you. It is just that I don't know what I will feed him/her once the bird with the bad beak has left the nest.

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
Ouch! Poor babies!

I agree with the suggestions already in regards to diet. Sprouted seeds *might* also be an option, but that will depend entirely on the bird.

@taxidermynerd had a sweet little budgie (RIP) that, due to a beak issue, was on a soft food diet. Thread about him can be found here.

Maybe worth looking into as well as an option to the diet.

Arin

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Arin
Thank you

Arin

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Arin
Hello! In regards to the food I have found this video and was wondering if this would be fine but with different fruits etc.
Thank you

Arin

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Arin
Im also thinking about making this for him

Budgiebonkers

aka Pandapaws23
Avenue Veteran
are they in a cage with just the parents? or in a flight with other budgies?

Arin

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Arin
They are in a aviary with other budgies. I have put the attacker in a separate cage with another potential attacker.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
. I have put the attacker in a separate cage with another potential attacker.
They should be each in separate cages. Housed together they may fight until the death.

Arin

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Arin
Ok, so far there were no fights until now and they were all very friendly to each other. Also I am not planning to breed them anymore. Thanks x

Arin

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Arin
Hello! Two days have passed and my two budgies are blooming like never before. But the baby with the problem beak (Ray) now has a lopsided beak. I have attached photos of him as videos aren’t allowed. I am not sure what to do. Shall I just leave it?

Attachments