• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Please help me :(

Mohii96

Moving in
Hey guys, so I have parakeets and I noticed something in their poop. Now I was 100% sure this was not bird food. Because its kind of like a round yellowish ball with a dot. I do not know where this is coming from. But I did take a picture. The one in the arrow is bird food, and the ones circled is what I found. If anyone can help me that would be so helpful. :(

Attachments

Mohii96

Moving in
Hey guys, so I have parakeets and I noticed something im their poop. I have no idea what that is and what it means. I can tell you that this is not bird food for sure. This looks like yellowish eggs almost that my bird is pooping out. I attached a picture with the post. The one in arrow is bird food. And the ones that are circled are the weird things I found on my birds poop.

Attachments

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
What have they been eating? Please be very specific.

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I'll tag somebody. @SandraK any idea?

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
Be very precise and say every ingredient in the feed mix it may be one that they are now starting to eat but I would see an avian vet bringing the feed mix to him

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
Also bring the poop so he can analyze it

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
It looks like dropped seeds? Specifically white millet kernels

Mohii96

Moving in
It looks like dropped seeds? Specifically white millet kernels
I just searched that, but why is it in the poop? Like I don’t understand. Food is away, is it normal to be pooping that out if the birds didnt digest it right?

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I just searched that, but why is it in the poop? Like I don’t understand. Food is away, is it normal to be pooping that out if the birds didnt digest it right?
It doesn't look like its been passed through the bird to me based on the photos; seeds get tossed around a cage pretty easily. I find pellets at the other ends of the house :lol:

However if they have passed through your bird undigested, then a vet visit is in order.

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
Obviously the bird did not digest it right for it to poop out do you know which one did it are all your birds separated

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
It doesn't look like its been passed through the bird to me based on the photos; seeds get tossed around a cage pretty easily. I find pellets at the other ends of the house :lol:

However if they have passed through your bird undigested, then a vet visit is in order.
I agree with this. Looks like seeds that have just fallen to the cage bottom.

enigma731

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
The poops in that picture look totally normal so I'm going to agree that I think that's just dropped millet. What makes you think it's in the poop?