• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

PLEASE HELP ME.. LOST MY GCC TODAY

peaches13

Strolling the yard
Hello everyone,
I flew out my bird this morning I've been working for a while, and it flew away while my parents opened the door, but at first it was near the roof, then I went to another tree and then flew away. I am currently posting on the Animal Emergency Center and on the parrot Alert website. It's night, so I can't check it, but if you have any tips, I'd like to inform you. And my bird is my everything.
His name is Peach and he is green cheek conure.
Please help me to find my bird

Attachments

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
If you have Facebook, check for lost pet groups in your area to post in. Call around to local shelters, vets, and pet shops to let them know you've lost your bird.

Lesley Yeung

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Lesley
Bird has flown away twice and both times we have gotten him back.

The first time I put flyers EVERYWHERE. And offered a $500 reward.

The second time, I went outside when it was dead quiet, like 4am. And "tweeted" really loud. Then listened. He tweeted back.

peaches13

Strolling the yard
If you have Facebook, check for lost pet groups in your area to post in. Call around to local shelters, vets, and pet shops to let them know you've lost your bird.
Thank you! I post on Instagram, Facebook, next-door, report on pet emergency etc.. I will call animal shelter, vet, and pet shop tomorrow. I am so sad..
In case I put his cage on outside.

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Putting out a cage with food & water can help. Hopefully they will stay near & perhaps see it & come to it.

Get up early with sun rise & call for Peaches & get the cage out. If its dark they will likely sleep the night now.

Don;t give up hope & I hope Peach come home
Good Luck

Guava123

Walking the driveway

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I hope you find him soon.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
(This is what I post for anyone who has lost a bird)

Have you listed him on www.parrotalert.com ?
Post in facebook groups,
Email all vets (even cats/dogs ones)
create flyers to post in local shops etc
Walk around the streets calling him
Go around the neighbourhood with pictures asking if anyone has seen him
Check neighbours gardens
Check on top of apartment building roofs
Look in the local park in the trees
Advise local animal services (the pound, rescue centres)
Drop a poster off at the police station, fire station

peaches13

Strolling the yard
After when he left in the house, me and my family super worry about him. Right now the outside is cold and he did not eat anything right now.
I did post on parrot alert, Facebook, call 911, call to police department, next-door, instagram, and contact all of vets near me.
In the morning or before set up sun, I called my bird with mom. We play a conure call song and go to around neighbor to see my bird.
He did not response and no show. My heart is broken and did not eat anything. I feel so horrible. He is my first own bird and I pray for him to come home safety.
I cannot stop cry because he is everything to me.
I do not want to give up to find him.

Thank you for reading my post.

Lucas2019

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Maria
After when he left in the house, me and my family super worry about him. Right now the outside is cold and he did not eat anything right now.
I did post on parrot alert, Facebook, call 911, call to police department, next-door, instagram, and contact all of vets near me.
In the morning or before set up sun, I called my bird with mom. We play a conure call song and go to around neighbor to see my bird.
He did not response and no show. My heart is broken and did not eat anything. I feel so horrible. He is my first own bird and I pray for him to come home safety.
I cannot stop cry because he is everything to me.
I do not want to give up to find him.

Thank you for reading my post.
Don’t give up I really know what you feel my bird is everything for me too and is my first bird as well . I know how you feel :( I wish I could help .

Sarahmoluccan

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
I hope you find him soon! It's so distressing to loss a pet. I once lost my friend's dog who I was babysitting. Luckily some nice people got her kept her overnight. But I was sick with worry until I heard from them the next day. You and your bird will be in my thoughts and prayers