• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

PLEASE HELP HE FLEW AWAY

animalover

Jogging around the block
the wind Is blowing towards the big city buildings :(

Pat H

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Pat
Birds can always angle away from the wind direction, but I'd start looking near those... Do you have a shaker treat jar?

animalover

Jogging around the block
Birds can always angle away from the wind direction, but I'd start looking near those... Do you have a shaker treat jar?
I cant really look near them, its a big populated city and a lottt of cars so he probably will land somewhere high, I dont have a shaker no, we put some food on our roof, hopefully that will keep him here, I want to get a motion detector cam to set it near the food, but I'm worried other birds will come instead

Pat H

Real Name
Pat
I know how devastating a birdie run-a-way can be...
For the future... I try to whistle or sing or call a certain way so my birds can know its me [if they should get lost]... The shaker jar [or another unusual noise] helps to save your voice box... Certainly wish you well... Pat.

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
Put his cage outside with food in it If he gets hungry he just may come back to where he last had food.

animalover

Jogging around the block
also I compiled up some pics of his foot tag and found a phone number, apparently the breeder doesn't know about this or forgot, anyways I contacted the number and asked them to call me if someone called.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Don't give up. I know of people who have found their birds weeks later. Try to notify people in your area to contact you if they see him. I hope you find him soon.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Go out right before sunrise, and play recordings of your other birds. He’s probably somewhere up high and can’t fly down. He’s also probably being very still and quiet because he is scared. Don’t give up and do all the previous suggestions. My cockatiel was out for four days in horrible weather with birds of prey everywhere, and I got her back safe and healthy.

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
When our green cheek flew away he was clipped. You'd be surprised at how well they can fly despite a clip. They just can't always fly very accurately and it can be hard for them to get back to you.

I'd read that although a bird may be scared & flock calling, that they will sometimes calm down and get quiet once they see you. Ours did that & it wasn't very helpful. What did help was how magnificently their feathers seem to glow in the light. We found our guy with the help of a flashlight just as it started to get dark. His bright feathers and his white eye ring are how we found him. He was less than a block away and not very high up in a small tree. By the time we got around the fence to get him, he'd flown away again. This time to the top of a much larger tree. (It's easier for them to fly up than down.) My husband managed to coax him down, branch by branch by jingling his keys until he was finally able to reach him.

I hope you find Kiwi soon. :sadhug2:

Vmax

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Vanessa
When my Max flew into a tree, I shook a food container and called his name for what felt like forever. He eventually came down for a snack...I was SO relieved. I hope you get your sweet birdy back soon.

animalover

Jogging around the block
thank you everyone for all the help, out only hope right now is that he falls in the right hands of people who will call us when they see the number on his tag, instead of keeping him all to themselves :(

Pat H

Real Name
Pat
Friends of mine lost an unusual bird... A year later, as I read the 'for sale ads'... one was offered. I called them, and asked: did you find him; and cut the band off... they, honest people, said yes... And returned the bird to my friends! Please don't give up! ...

BirdWorld

Have you seen him since he left, or has he gone far? I hope you find him :(

animalover

Jogging around the block
Have you seen him since he left, or has he gone far? I hope you find him :(
no we haven't seen him at all, my brother saw him flying straight through the window in the direction of the beach, never seen him again, also we thought we heard him a couple of times but it was just the budgies mimicking his sound, they seem to really miss him as much as we do. :(

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
It hasn’t been that long, and he will be very hard to see. Go out with binoculars, and record your other birds and play them on your phone when you look. Don’t give up!

animalover

Jogging around the block
nothing yet, I haven't even seen any posters for lost conures anywhere, mostly African grays and IRNs, everyone misses him but it seems like im the only one doing something about it, my mom doesn't think we are going to find him, she's certain that someone will catch him and sell him, I just hope thats not the case :(