• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

PLEASE HELP HE FLEW AWAY

animalover

Jogging around the block
kiwi flew away 5 minutes ago pleas e help I dont know what to dooo someone left the window open and he flew, now all the windows are left open in case he comes back, we took him cage outside

what else can we do please help everyones crying

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
Play his favorite song or if you have other birds put them in a cage outside so that he can hear them

animalover

Jogging around the block
I dont know my sister thinks she heard him very close to our house so we are doing everything right now

ParrotNuts

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Atharv
One thing advised when a bird escapes is to ask his favourite human do a contact call, so that he knows where to go to reach his home.
Hope you get him back :bighug:

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Youtube might be of some help. Playing sounds of cockatiels will help attract him if he can hear them.

animalover

Jogging around the block
its so hot out here, we've been outside for the past hour, I'm not sure if our neighbors irns are making It better for him to come back or stay away, ive searched on google they say they usually stay no farther than a mile, my sister and I will stay outside until the sun sets and wake up before sunrise to look for him, are crows bad? I'm scared they will attack him, ive had a crow eat 2 of my cousins budgies when I was a kid and I saw it happen because they decided to set them free, as soon as they did the crow caught them midair. but kiwis bigger so its fine right? also what are the chances that he lands somewhere low? there's a lot of feral cats in our neighborhood

ParrotNuts

Real Name
Atharv
There are loads of crows here too and Irns are scared of them, so I'm pretty sure a conure would be pretty easy a target :(. Sorry for breaking it to you.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
It´s only been two hours. If your sister gives up that´s fine, but you keep on searching.

Have you listed him on www.parrotalert.com ?
Post in facebook groups,
Email all vets (even cats/dogs ones)
create flyers to post in local shops etc
Walk around the streets calling him
Go around the neighbourhood with pictures asking if anyone has seen him
Check neighbours gardens
Check on top of apartment building roofs
Look in the local park in the trees
Advise local animal services (the pound, rescue centres)
Drop a poster off at the police station, fire station

I understand things are tough due to world events, but try your best to tick off as much of this stuff as possible. Wishing you good luck!

animalover

Jogging around the block
ill try, I won't be able to do most of the stuff because my whole neighborhood has covid except for me and my family, but otherwise I will contact vets and pet shops, what are the chances he flew to the beach? its right in front of my house and thats the direction we saw him fly to, can he drown?

animalover

Jogging around the block
we are taking a break until the sun starts setting
hopefully he comes back I dont know what we can do without him

animalover

Jogging around the block
he has a ring tag on his foot it has the breeders number on it, we contacted the breeder to tell him about it

Pat H

Real Name
Pat
What direction is/ was the wind blowing... pet birds don't WANT to fly away... they get disoriented and can't find their way home... keep calling/ looking and praying for him... Try to keep a positive attitude...