• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Please help. Budgie loss broken leg

rueben1103

Meeting neighbors
Hi all. Hoping this picture helps. But my budgie has been fine all day (on her own) only left her for 2 hours/3max and after checking in n her she was standing on one leg and didn’t look well. I phoned local vet who said avian vet isn’t in until tomorrow which is fine. I’ve booked her in but her left leg/claw is sloppy and falling to the side. She’s sat on the bottom of the cage. I have a photo here of me holding her upside down. And as you know their feet face upwards but the left is flopping over. Anything I can do in the mean time over night please. I’m so worried. Foot in question is one crossed across her body x

Attachments

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Put some padding on the bottom of the cage for your bird to comfortably rest on - kitchen paper towel is a good choice as her nails won’t get caught up in it, keep your bird warm and quiet till you can see the vet.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Also lower all the perches.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
How is your bird doing now? What did the vet say about all of this?
I hope all is well!!

Ps, if you want the first pic removed (accidental upload?), just let me know.