• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Please help any advise is appreciated

Statikblue

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Nicole
We had a bad accident today. I was cleaning out my cockatiels cage and when I take out the bottom tray there in a 2 in gap and I had no idea my dog was inside. As I was in the other room scrubbing the tray I heard my bird screaming I immediately ran back to the room and my dog had him in her mouth. I called around to get him seen had to drive 1 1/2 to get there and the vet look at him and said he would be fine. Im so worried about him he’s still not himself and this happened 12 hours ago he’s not eating but drinking here and there his right eye looks a little injured and his wing is droopy.

Attachments

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Hello Nicole,

Did the vet give you any medication?

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I would get another opinion, or call the vet you saw and report the behavior changes! Dog saliva can cause severe illness and usually antibiotics are given as a precaution in these situations because it can be fatal. The fact that your bird seems to be out of sorts has me worried.

If your bird eats any pellets, moisten those and offer on a spoon to see if he'll eat that way.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
I would think your bird would need antibiotics asap. Call the vet or try to get him seen by another one right away. I hope your bird will be okay!