• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

PLEASE any NYC people rescue a quaker kept in a dog crate

Status
Not open for further replies.

tracieerin

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Tracie
Anyone nearby? I'd go get him but I'm 90 min away (and in NJ.. ugh). I emailed about him and they asked no questions, just told me to come get him that night which I couldn't. Things like this are why birds have multiple homes.

I told them I would come Sunday but no reply. Now they have reposted him. $100 fee unfortunately.

Parrot with food "A quaker"

Mods please move if in incorrect section, thank you.

birdlady

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leslie
Poor baby....and that bar spacing looks pretty wide for a quaker...

Tracie, in NJ it is illegal to own quakers which is so sad....

tracieerin

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Tracie
The bar spacing on dog crates is usually 1 and 5/8" which sounds more like hyacinth than quaker sizing. I hope he doesn't break his little neck. All he has to stand on are budgie size dowel perches and the cage wire. No toys that I can see. Anyone in the NY metro area willing to pick this baby up?

Leslie, our state.. sigh. What was that bill earlier this year that was going to ban all exotic animals save those on some safe list (many/most parrot species were not on it)? Thankfully that did get kicked back to committee where hopefully it will be overhauled. Unfortunately there's little to no chance that the current restrictions would get repealed. Apparently the previous (current?) MO of our state was to pass things really quickly without public comment periods, "in the middle of the night" as someone put it to me, and be an "example" for other states. If this is true.. how disrespectful to the NJ public! Whew.. sorry.. it is sad. If this paragraph breaks the AA rules somehow, please edit to remove..

allison

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Allison
Leslie, you should take him anyways! :p
Nobody has to know, and he would be in a wonderful home. Please!

RandomWiktor

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Ren
I am nearby and would love to take him in, but I don't think I can justify taking in another parrot at the moment. :(

akijoy

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Monica
Is that really a quaker? It doesn't look like one to me.

akijoy

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Monica
You have to click on the link. The senegal in the picture belongs to the person posting.;)
Thanks for that clarification. I see the quaker now.

M

M.C Bird Rescue

Uhh, I'm not sure how to take that, Crystal, but I'm glad my stupidity amused you!:lol:

AWW not stupid..Fun! hahahahah. I said the same thing..thats not a quaker! hahahahahaah

Status
Not open for further replies.