• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Please Answer I think Julian is sick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conmom

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Helen
Julian on occasion makes this squeak sound, I always figure is nares are clogged. Happens once in a while. For the past three days he's been making this squeak sound, his nares are clogged. He is bad in the AM much better PM.The air is on full blast here, best I can do is make sure it's not blowing directly on them and I keep the windows cracked @ 2" so they get outside air. Do you think he is sick? Should I take him to the vet?

kitsunebandit

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
I would take him to the vets just in case, it could be a resipiratory issue for sure, so I would get it checked out. Even if its just to be on the safe side. I hope he is okay :hug8:

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
definitely take him to a vet and get him checked out....it could be nothing, but you well know how adept birds are at hiding their illnesses.

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
Do you have an avian vet or can we help you find one?

Ginger

Mrcrowley

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Jim
Worse in am better in the pm I bet she has allergys first I hear of birds having allergys was here something to think about.

Wasabisaurus

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Yes, take him to the vet. I hope it's nothing that can't be easily treated. :hug8:

JackDele

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Adele
I agree with a vet visit. Particularly because it's been going on for so long.

In the meantime, pop him in the bathroom with the hot water running. Dont let him get wet but allow him to breathe the steam in for 10 to 20 mins. This might help alleviate the congestion :hug8:

Conmom

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Helen
I moved to this area @ 4 yrs. ago. Had an avian vet in South Jersey for 12 yrs that I just loved. Went to a vet in my area...had a very bad experience, will never go again. I know of avian vets at a hospital not too far, have not been there yet. Julian seems fine now, maybe I jumped the gun. He is playing with Jake, eating, drinking, nothing out of the ordinary. I will wait to see if this continues, then I'll take him. Putting him in his carrier and taking him will be quite traumatic, don't want to do it unless I really have to. Thanks so much to everyone for their responses.

Status
Not open for further replies.