• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Video Playtime with Baby Kevin

Buttersquash

Meeting neighbors
Blessings to you and your Kevin... And looks like he does get around just fine with his foot. You both have such a great heart and spirit...
I totally agree how some might think Aracaris can appear to be 'dumb' say, compared to some Parrots. But they don't understand because they haven't lived with one.
I feel like they have a tremendous presence, almost not of this world. Like a throwback to a theropod dinosaur. Especially something about their eyes.

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
We had Beeper the female house finch we rescued from a crow for a year and a half. Nerd grew to hate her fast flying and getting attention from Daddy and we finally had to keep them separated after he bit and broke her foot through the bars one day when they were sleeping beside each other, her on the outside. Her foot eventually balled up just like Kevin's ever after trying to massage out the toes. She also did just fine with it and adapted like it never happened once it healed up and didn't hurt anymore. I bet his foot got broken or damaged from another bird or something and everything tightened up after it healed but who knows for sure.
You could straighten out Beepers toes and they would work but eventually they would ball up again and she just ignored them.