• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Playstands For A Single Budgie

Budgie33

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Laura
Hello!

I was looking for new playstands (I currently have a small Penn-Plax playstand) to buy for my budgie and came across "Prevue Pet Products Small Parrot Playstand". I noticed how most of it is smooth surfaces and saw in the reviews people were putting vet tape on it. I also saw a BirdTricks article about DIY-ing your own, but I have no idea where to get the bird safe branches or when to find the time to do it. I was also completely lost by the first direction :roflmao:. Do you know of any other playstands or have any experience DIY-ing your own or buying the "Prevue Pet Products Small Parrot Playstand"?

Thank you, Laura!

RWB

Moving in
Real Name
Rachel Berndlmaier
Hello!

I was looking for new playstands (I currently have a small Penn-Plax playstand) to buy for my budgie and came across "Prevue Pet Products Small Parrot Playstand". I noticed how most of it is smooth surfaces and saw in the reviews people were putting vet tape on it. I also saw a BirdTricks article about DIY-ing your own, but I have no idea where to get the bird safe branches or when to find the time to do it. I was also completely lost by the first direction :roflmao:. Do you know of any other playstands or have any experience DIY-ing your own or buying the "Prevue Pet Products Small Parrot Playstand"?

Thank you, Laura!
I have 3 budgies and ended up buying 2 non toxic branches for them from this website called: Blooms and Branches.
They were only about 20 bucks each 20210321_141506.jpg 20210321_141506.jpg 20210321_141936.jpg

RWB

Moving in
Real Name
Rachel Berndlmaier
And like you...I ain't DYI -ing anything LOL
I just stuck the branches I bought in a metal plant stand thingy

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Branches look great, budgies seem to like them. I would not give them any metal as a stand for perching unless it it stainless steel.

Budgie33

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Laura
Thank you everyone! I'm going to pull up that website right now!

Sunni Tiel

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rachel

AussieBird

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Call me AB

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
Thank you guys. If you don’t see anything ready made in the store give me an idea of what you’re looking for.