• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Video Playing or attacking each other?!

peaches13

Strolling the yard
Hello!
Today I got other green cheek conure. My first bird is mainly out of cage. The second bird is closing the door because it has to adapt to the new environment. But since my first bird goes to the second bird's cage and bites with its beak, I want to know if they are attacking each other or playing. On video my second bird in cage.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
When bringing a new bird home, you must quarantine them for 6-8 weeks, in different rooms, using that time to run tests to be sure the new bird is healthy and disease free.
It is too late for that, so I hope that they are healthy. I just want to mention it for if there´s a next time, or for anyone just reading through.

As for the toes, don´t let the birds on each others cages, that is their territory and few birds will accept another on their cage.

When introducing them, a good initial introduction would be both birds caged, cages a few metres apart. As they are comfortable calling each other, bring the cages closer over the days until they are sitting side by side but a good 30cm apart (so no wings bites etc). Over time, they can be allowed out together in a neutral space or on two playstands. You can feed them treats at the same time using both hands. Eating together builds trust.
Supervise at all times.

peaches13

Strolling the yard
When bringing a new bird home, you must quarantine them for 6-8 weeks, in different rooms, using that time to run tests to be sure the new bird is healthy and disease free.
It is too late for that, so I hope that they are healthy. I just want to mention it for if there´s a next time, or for anyone just reading through.

As for the toes, don´t let the birds on each others cages, that is their territory and few birds will accept another on their cage.

When introducing them, a good initial introduction would be both birds caged, cages a few metres apart. As they are comfortable calling each other, bring the cages closer over the days until they are sitting side by side but a good 30cm apart (so no wings bites etc). Over time, they can be allowed out together in a neutral space or on two playstands. You can feed them treats at the same time using both hands. Eating together builds trust.
Supervise at all times.
Oh.. that is my fault. okay I will relocate with this bird cage.
Thank you for response!

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
OOPS then that is not good way..
Yea, it could happen in the blink of an eye. If you have one bird out without the other and can´t keep up with them, put a perspex sheet or the likes over the other cage just in case they land there to protect those toes.

peaches13

Strolling the yard
Yea, it could happen in the blink of an eye. If you have one bird out without the other and can´t keep up with them, put a perspex sheet or the likes over the other cage just in case they land there to protect those toes.
Oh okay! that is good advice to me!