• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Play stand sleeping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChristyHuber

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Christy
I'm at my boyfriend's house with my two birds right now, Paul and Sheldon, and they hang out on their play stand when I'm here. I was just wondering what everyone thought about having them spend the night sleeping on the play stand together. My boyfriend and his mom are insisting I should have them stay here, but I'm not sure it would be safe. They stay on their stand for the most part, and are pretty good about behaving too. What does everyone think? Should I have them spend the night with us?

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
I'll be the nervous Nellie here :D
What if they startled during the night mid sleep and went crashing into furniture? Or decided to hop onto your bed and you didn't know and rolled over them?

Ashley

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Ashley
I would be nervous too about it...them being in a unfamiliar place

ChristyHuber

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Christy
I am pretty nervous, but they've been hanging out here for the last three days straight and have been fine. I want them to be able to travel and sleep in unfamiliar places with me, so I wanted to get them used to it while they're still young, since they're both under 6 months. i don't think they'd be close enough to get to the bed to climb in either. It's their first time not sleeping in their happy huts though. I think I'm going to do it, we'll see. I want to get as many thoughts as possible.

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
It's a bit risky imo, but if you think they'll be okay, you can only see how it goes.

Quest

Real Name
Judy
I wouldn't do it. It might work this time but is it worth the risk? I would put them in sleep cages.
Can be small travel cages but safe and cozy.

ChristyHuber

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Christy
Oh that's a good idea. I can get little sleep cages for them both for sleeping out. I think I'm going to take them home tonight, then get small cheap cages for them for future outings. I'm a little too nervous to have them out of their cages in the dark. Thanks for the input everyone!

Sharpie

Avenue Veteran
I wouldn't do in unless every area they can get to when they wake up before you and go off exploring is parrot-proofed. Just too much trouble they could get into. I'd just bring a small cage over as a 'sleep cage' and have them stay there during the night.

ChristyHuber

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Christy
I'd not only be afraid for the safety of my little guys, but I just realized my boyfriend's room is full of thousands of dollars worth of musical equipment. he would not be too happy if he found his condenser mic chewed to pieces. Haha. I just took them home and they are now safe and happy in their fuzzy green huts. Now I just need to hunt for a suitable sleep cage.

Chicklette

Real Name
Courtney
The sleeping cage is an excellent idea. Save up and buy one, doesn’t have to be too big. That is cute your boyfriends mom is insisting they stay over.

Archiesmom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Natalie
My fiance's mother is far from asking to have the birds over. In fact, she complains all the time.
"I hope you know that when you are gone, if the grandkids are being loud over here, your birds start screaming and they don't shut up."
...I will admit to a little bit of spitefulness, since the kids are the ones that usually rile them up through the walls (because when the kids are left unattended, they come over to our place) for being loud, I think it is only fair she has to deal with my birds screaming every once in a while...considering I hear them, the kids, their friends, and their 7 CATS all the time...muahaha.

Sorry for the thread jack, I recommend the sleep cages as well! I can see your boyfriends musical equipment turning into one giant, very expensive bird destruction zone if you don't, hehe

Status
Not open for further replies.