• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Plastic baby toys? Safe?

TinyFeathers

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Hi! It's been a long time since I've posted on here, I've been raising my GCC berry! Still learning about what it's about to have a pet parrot!

Berry has a lot of toys, I make sure to keep his cage colourful and fun! But I want some toys he can play with outside his cage, something affordable (not that I can't afford having the bird, it's just preferred). I was watching Marlene Mc'cohen and in one of her old videos she was giving her birds plastic fruit to play with, and I thought it was a cute fun idea so I found this salad kid on amazon but I'm super careful with what I give my bird and I wouldn't want him to get poisoned from it or anything so I thought I would come here and ask for your guys opinions, thank you!

Toy

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Baby toys should be fine. I get them for my birds. The baby section at Walmart has balls, rattles & different shaped toys you can give your bird. The kit you posted look fine.

calibird

California Bird Nerds
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Real Name
Ann
Hi! It's been a long time since I've posted on here, I've been raising my GCC berry! Still learning about what it's about to have a pet parrot!

Berry has a lot of toys, I make sure to keep his cage colourful and fun! But I want some toys he can play with outside his cage, something affordable (not that I can't afford having the bird, it's just preferred). I was watching Marlene Mc'cohen and in one of her old videos she was giving her birds plastic fruit to play with, and I thought it was a cute fun idea so I found this salad kid on amazon but I'm super careful with what I give my bird and I wouldn't want him to get poisoned from it or anything so I thought I would come here and ask for your guys opinions, thank you!

They should be fine. Just watch out for some of them. For some stupid reason they have itty bitty screws on them.

FeatheredM

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monique
How about like a more rubbery type of baby toy? I have one my birds like, but I want to put it in their cage. I haven't done it yet because I don't know if it's safe

TinyFeathers

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Baby toys should be fine. I get them for my birds. The baby section at Walmart has balls, rattles & different shaped toys you can give your bird. The kit you posted look fine.
oo! I'll look into that thank you!!

They should be fine. Just watch out for some of them. For some stupid reason they have itty bitty screws on them.
Really?? I didn't even notice, which ones? Thank you!

calibird

California Bird Nerds
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Real Name
Ann
oo! I'll look into that thank you!!

Really?? I didn't even notice, which ones? Thank you!
It was an Elmo Baby Keys Set. It was about 2 years ago that I saw it. Not sure if it still like this. Or if there are any other toys that are like it. Just keep an eye on it. I also know that some of the electric baby toys also have had screws.