• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pippin&Myn

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
I just realized I never updated on whether or not I had to rehome my Pippin and Myn, Indian runner ducks..:shy:
My mother was completely obsessed with Pippin making any noise for a while, besides they were filfthy etc etc. They could do nothing right and I feared for their safety sometimes. I am so happy to say those issues have resolved 98%! They aren’t going anywhere anytime soon:heart:
I was worried about what would happen when I went to uni.. board them perhaps with someone? But, I am know 90% certain I Will study in Stirling or Aberdeen, Scotland, and I Will either buy/rent Some land for them.. or buy a house! I have been looking into the latter a lot this week. I really like that idea, either a small house for me and the animals, or a slightly bigger one for me and a renter, a fellow student and animal lover. Besides that it would be fun, it would also be extra income. My ex boyfriend owns a house and has three renters that cover all the monthly costs for the house. Anyway, my babies Will stay with me:heart:
Our relationship degraded Some after I had been away this summer, I was not so motivated/discouraged to work on our relationship again because of Depression and that they had developped a mild fear of me. Lately I have been working with them though and well, Pippin was chasing me today because she wanted a treat so it suffices to say all is well again:lol: Myn is being laid back though, it seems one of them always is:rolleyes: When I get super close with Myn, Pippin takes her distance and it is the same the other way around! I am happy to love them from a distance though:) I have a double leash coming in next week, we Will start working on harness training again tomorrow. Hope to be out with them again in two weeks:heart:
That was my little essay! Here are Some pictures, not the best though. They are often too close for a proper picture:rolleyes:
Wet Pippin
4ADCF562-FFB8-40FE-AC1D-915839D41AE6.jpeg
Myn left and Pippin right
577BE807-8C7B-4D5E-9D74-21FE6AEE38FE.jpeg
Pippin splashing:p
B6AEB0B6-143A-43F4-AE45-CF83BBB4F265.jpeg
8616A4F8-3B45-42AE-BD47-5B7732272861.jpeg
Myn chilling, and his angel wing:heart:
158F0380-6438-4C8B-9037-A070E5546FAB.jpeg 5BD8E598-B062-4320-A816-5C6DDC56C670.jpeg BEDEBC24-91F0-408C-8FFF-B0C472351B23.jpeg

TikiMyn

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
I love their names.... sounds like a childrens story book. I'm happy you get to keep them!
I have been thinking about writing a book about them one day!:p a childrens book About their adventures as babies and adults:xflove:

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
I have been thinking about writing a book about them one day!:p a childrens book About their adventures as babies and adults:xflove:
You should! you never know where this can go... stuffed toys like them with their names... logos... more !

Fergus Mom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
Oh thank heavens! I am SO happy that you have nailed down a university and can make plans toward the living arrangements. Just a word of caution on renting out the rooms (and you probably already know this from the ex's experience), but screen the other folks carefully on their history with renting... payments on time, reliably, not chronic complainers or kicked out of places, etc.

I am so excited for you in the plans to begin the new journey!
Your whole flock is going to be with you, and that's what counts. :heart:

TikiMyn

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
You should! you never know where this can go... stuffed toys like them with their names... logos... more !
Oh that would be too great!:xflove: Hhmm I have been ininspired in my writing, I think I Will give it a go!:D

Oh thank heavens! I am SO happy that you have nailed down a university and can make plans toward the living arrangements. Just a word of caution on renting out the rooms (and you probably already know this from the ex's experience), but screen the other folks carefully on their history with renting... payments on time, reliably, not chronic complainers or kicked out of places, etc.

I am so excited for you in the plans to begin the new journey!
Your whole flock is going to be with you, and that's what counts. :heart:
Thank you so much! I am so excited as well, I have been browsing houses for fun since 5:00 at night as I couldn’t get to sleep:lol: I have to work out the details still but I have 9 months left so that should be doable:xflove:
I Will totally screen them very thoroughfully:peek1: My ex’s first renter even refused to leave after being evicted! Thanks for the heads up! I hope to get Some fellow animal lover as a renter, which I think should be possible as both these uni’s have quite Some nature related studies so should attract nature loving folks:xflove:
Best if all is indeed that I get to keep the entire flock:heart::heart::heart:
Another great bonus of course, I Will haven garden if I buy a house soooo probably attach an aviary to the house:D

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Yay, so pleased your ducks will be staying with you. I love ducks but I have never had one.......hmmmm I will be getting chickens when I move so maybe I can add a duck or two also. I also think a kids book about Myn and Pippin's life and adventures would be great. I do enjoy reading your entries here about your birds, I imagine a book for children would be marvelous.

TikiMyn

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
Yay, so pleased your ducks will be staying with you. I love ducks but I have never had one.......hmmmm I will be getting chickens when I move so maybe I can add a duck or two also. I also think a kids book about Myn and Pippin's life and adventures would be great. I do enjoy reading your entries here about your birds, I imagine a book for children would be marvelous.
That would be so much fun! They are amazing, altough sometimes not so smart:rolleyes: Myn used to walk straight off the couch without looking and dropped like a rock:o: I have a incredibly weak spot for the noises Drakes make:heart: It is so endearing! Altough Pippin makes very soft quacks, almost peeps when we are having a little conversation which is adorable too:xflove:
And thank you!:heart:That is very encouraging!:)

SquawksNibbles

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Kiera
Awww, Robin, I'm so happy and relieved to here that they get to stay with you!! :heart: They're very cute.

Thank you so much for the update!

That would be the most amazing and cutest children's book ever! :dance5: A Henkie and Feanor one would be adorable, too, while you're at it. :p Oh my gosh, can you imagine little Henkie and Feanor stuffed animals? Adorable! :loveshower: