• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pionus Parrots Book!

Status
Not open for further replies.

OldBirdLady1983

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Pickle
I am so excited! I ordered the Pionus Parrots: A Complete Guide by Roger Sweeney......Yippy! I have wanted this book for a while and even found it for $29.95....Best price ever! Does any Pionus lovers have it and what do you think?:heart: Pionus are just my absolute favorite parrot species in the world!

allison

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Allison
I really want this book. Might have to buy it someday. :p

zoomama

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
don't have it, but might have to add it to my wishlist, based on everybody's positive feedback!

Jan

Stainless Bird Toys @ Blu's Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jan
The book has some really nice photos in it. I have the book and I've also have heard many pionus pet owners say how it does not really contain much in the way of info pretaining to pet keeping which might be 50% correct.

OldBirdLady1983

Real Name
Pickle
I got my book and I am not really all that impressed by the photos in the book. I guess it is just very hard to capture a decent photo of a Dusky Pionus? Well I hope I can get some good ones of my baby when he matures. I am a photographer so heres hoping!

Jan

Stainless Bird Toys @ Blu's Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jan
I'm not really sure why you would say the photos are not good in the book, I think they are great images. The two Dusky images in there are good too. Duskys and Bronze Wings are the hardest to capture because the lighting is very important.

OldBirdLady1983

Real Name
Pickle
Probably because I am a photographer and I can spot fault. I will surely post photos of my Dusky Pi soon as I know how difficult it is to capture the true beauty of them but I guess I just expected more out of a reciently updated published book with the pictures is all.
I'm not really sure why you would say the photos are not good in the book, I think they are great images. The two Dusky images in there are good too. Duskys and Bronze Wings are the hardest to capture because the lighting is very important.

Angelicarboreals

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Angela
I haven't heard of this book, I will have to go check it out!

Status
Not open for further replies.