• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

~*~*Pionus check in*~*~

Cyreen

Rollerblading along the road
Nice dinosaur!

BrenW

Moving in
Real Name
Bren
Hi all, new here.

I'm Bren and this is Yoshi!

image.jpg

He's a 15 year old Maxi Pi (DNA sexed male) that I just adopted on Tuesday. We are just getting to know each other but I'm already in love. He used his "pheromones" on me and that was that. :kiss2: I'm sure I'll have lots of questions. Ok, I already have one, but will post it in the right spot. He loves cantaloupe, scritches and will talk and dance to try and get bread! LOL he's not very happy with me when he doesn't get any. :sad4: :sad9: He is NOT a morning bird and is Mr. Cranky Pants till after his breakfast and nap. Then he's friendly! He seems to completely Hate water in any way! He stress talks but not understandably, unless there's a shot at bread, then we get his cute little, very clear "hello!" He's a total cage potato so we are working on exploring and getting used to new things. I'm super excited to have him and can't wait to get to know him better! :cool5:

Last edited:

atomicfriday

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Shannon
He's adorable! A pionus that hates water? I don't believe it... Maybe you just need to get the spray "right". Have you tried bringing him in the shower? Mine didn't like getting spritzed with a bottle but lived for shower time. He seems very sweet and outgoing as most are more shy til they've decided they know you well enough. Keep us updated!

BrenW

Moving in
Real Name
Bren
He hates the shower too! I've tried it every way I can think of. :(

FutureDVM

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Ken
Hi all, new here.

I'm Bren and this is Yoshi!

View attachment 183732

He's a 15 year old Maxi Pi (DNA sexed male) that I just adopted on Tuesday. We are just getting to know each other but I'm already in love. He used his "pheromones" on me and that was that. :kiss2: I'm sure I'll have lots of questions. Ok, I already have one, but will post it in the right spot. He loves cantaloupe, scritches and will talk and dance to try and get bread! LOL he's not very happy with me when he doesn't get any. :sad4: :sad9: He is NOT a morning bird and is Mr. Cranky Pants till after his breakfast and nap. Then he's friendly! He seems to completely Hate water in any way! He stress talks but not understandably, unless there's a shot at bread, then we get his cute little, very clear "hello!" He's a total cage potato so we are working on exploring and getting used to new things. I'm super excited to have him and can't wait to get to know him better! :cool5:
Congrats! Yoshi is adorable!

cetan

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
Have you tried vacuuming while spraying him? And he is a very handsome boy
:bhp: :bronzewing:

tka

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Hello, checking in with Leia! She's a 10 month old DNA sexed female bronze wing. I've had her for a month and until I got her, her breeder let her hang out with her brother (who's being kept for breeding) and other bronze wings so hopefully she knows she's a bird rather than a human! She's not keen on stepping up yet but she adores almonds (her training treat), has learned to target to a stick, is becoming a big fan of headscratches and loves her showers.

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Hello, checking in with Leia! She's a 10 month old DNA sexed female bronze wing. I've had her for a month and until I got her, her breeder let her hang out with her brother (who's being kept for breeding) and other bronze wings so hopefully she knows she's a bird rather than a human! She's not keen on stepping up yet but she adores almonds (her training treat), has learned to target to a stick, is becoming a big fan of headscratches and loves her showers.
Welcome! :dance5: I'm looking forward to that you create a own thread where you also post a lot of pics of her! :)
We all loves pics in this section! :heart:

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Welcome Shanna, Leo and Jewel! :)

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine

STEVEN TURITZ

Moving in
Real Name
STEVEN TURITZ
Hi there Pionus Lovers:
I am new (lol - honestly, like yesterday - I signed up and joined yesterday 02-24-2018) to the Avian Avenue Community, this forum and was pleasantly surprised at the depth of species specific threads.
I am also new to Parrots, 62 years old and I live in New York in a private home with my Wife (not a bird fancier) and my 3 1/2 year old Golden Retriever, Steeley.
I have been diligently researching the Pionus species, albeit it that along the road I did get sidetracked researching other species, but, after reading through this thread and all the other Pionus related threads I realized that I was on the right road from the very beginning when I had decided that I wanted to add a 'Baby Girl' Bronze Winged Pionus to my family and my home.
I think that I have landed on the PERFECT PIONUS species for me, specifically the Bronze Winged Pionus to add a 'feathered pet companion' to my life.
I am reaching out to all you Bronze Winged Pionus owners, specifically Shannon/atomicfriday and Bethany/MimzyPottles, as you both live here in the U.S. as I do, for advice and help in locating a BWP breeder of unparalleled honesty and integrity, and all the advice that you can give me to make this journey a successful and pleasant one for both 'Baby Girl' and myself.
I am so glad that I joined AvianAvenue.com, it is invaluable to first hand advice from personal experiences from experienced 'Pionus Owners', NOT breeders trying to sell what they obviously like and breed.

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine

Aubrey

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Hi there Pionus Lovers:
I am new (lol - honestly, like yesterday - I signed up and joined yesterday 02-24-2018) to the Avian Avenue Community, this forum and was pleasantly surprised at the depth of species specific threads.
I am also new to Parrots, 62 years old and I live in New York in a private home with my Wife (not a bird fancier) and my 3 1/2 year old Golden Retriever, Steeley.
I have been diligently researching the Pionus species, albeit it that along the road I did get sidetracked researching other species, but, after reading through this thread and all the other Pionus related threads I realized that I was on the right road from the very beginning when I had decided that I wanted to add a 'Baby Girl' Bronze Winged Pionus to my family and my home.
I think that I have landed on the PERFECT PIONUS species for me, specifically the Bronze Winged Pionus to add a 'feathered pet companion' to my life.
I am reaching out to all you Bronze Winged Pionus owners, specifically Shannon/atomicfriday and Bethany/MimzyPottles, as you both live here in the U.S. as I do, for advice and help in locating a BWP breeder of unparalleled honesty and integrity, and all the advice that you can give me to make this journey a successful and pleasant one for both 'Baby Girl' and myself.
I am so glad that I joined AvianAvenue.com, it is invaluable to first hand advice from personal experiences from experienced 'Pionus Owners', NOT breeders trying to sell what they obviously like and breed.
Welcome to AA.

I encourage you to start your own thread with questions, observation, pictures etc under the subforums. You'll get more responses this way.

This thread is for people just introducing their individual pionus birds.

If you want to tag somebody to get their attention you do @username. Don't use any spaces. I'll tag you for an example and it notifies you in upper right corner under alerts. @STEVEN TURITZ

STEVEN TURITZ

Moving in
Real Name
STEVEN TURITZ
Hi Aubrey
Thank you for the suggestion, but, being somewhat 'computer unsavy' I have no idea how to do either of your suggestions of "start your own thread, under subforums" or "tag somebody to get their attention".
I am willing to learn if you are willing to instruct.