• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

~*~*Pionus check in*~*~

Cyreen

Rollerblading along the road
That's so cute! So that's what baby Mayu looked like...

I've read so many people here saying "anything but a White Cap" and yes, I'm guilty of the occasional "Ohhh, Bronze Wing!"; however, I think White Caps are incredibly beautiful. Something I didn't fully appreciate until I met Mayu. Now I'm totally biased.

Maxsmom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Agreed....so many naysayers about wcp. True their colors aren't obvious unless in the light. But I so adore my 18 month wc. He has some growing pains as the hormones come but he continually shows me how devoted he is. WCP = Joy

Caietaro

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Aaron
That's so cute! So that's what baby Mayu looked like...

I've read so many people here saying "anything but a White Cap" and yes, I'm guilty of the occasional "Ohhh, Bronze Wing!"; however, I think White Caps are incredibly beautiful. Something I didn't fully appreciate until I met Mayu. Now I'm totally biased.
I agree that white caps are beautiful and unique - I can't wait until Ziggy's colors really start to come in! Bronze Wings and White Caps are tied for my favorites, I love them both! I would love to someday also bring a BW into the flock. They do seem to be considerably less common around here though.

Maxsmom

Avenue Veteran
I love them all. :p
Yes, I love my maxi too :maxipi: ....really independent but seeks me out for lots of love....and pionus are so expressive...they tell you what you want

Oh, are pionus parrots a joy!
:bhp: :bronzewing: :dusky: :maxipi: :whitecap:

Last edited:

Katy

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Yes, I love my maxi too :maxipi: ....really independent but seeks me out for lots of love....and pionus are so expressive...they tell you what you want

Oh, are pionus parrots a joy!
:bhp: :bronzewing: :dusky: :maxipi: :whitecap:
I've had an unusual schedule the last couple of days and was away from the house for hours. He let me know he was NOT happy. He usually gets 6 hours or so out of the cage, and can go from his playstand to his atom, back to his cage. So although an ample size, he really is spoiled by his out time. I haven't figured out if he actually misses ME when I leave. But I think yes, a little.

Katy

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
It's really hard to tell after only 6 months what he actually does think of me. I know he likes his food, and most nights he lets me scritch his forehead through the bars (but not when I've been gone all day- then he does his ram charge into the bars- but I'm wise to him). Other than that I don't know what signs to look for when a Maxi Pi loves you....... :huh:

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
Well if he starts stretching and does a flock call when he sees you or starts jabbering and saying hello if he talks that's usually a sign :heart: Nerd knew EXACTLY what my old Dart sounded like and would hear it about a block away and start calling, stretching, and getting excited.
Lurch will stretch and go WOOO!(his version of a flock call/greeting) Of course sometimes he starts pirate swearing and trying to bite our arms but I know in his way he's happy to see me and I'm sure Gizmo is happy to see you too, he may not express it well yet, or it comes out in a way that doesn't seem like it.
Lurch LOVES to attack sisters arm through her coat or sleeve and it's a game for them. Sometimes he seems really mad and really smacks and bites, other times he gently chews and kneads her arm and rubs his head, so we know it's something he does as a greeting, plus to show he's still rough and tough. :hehe:

Katy

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Well if he starts stretching and does a flock call when he sees you or starts jabbering and saying hello if he talks that's usually a sign :heart: Nerd knew EXACTLY what my old Dart sounded like and would hear it about a block away and start calling, stretching, and getting excited.
Lurch will stretch and go WOOO!(his version of a flock call/greeting) Of course sometimes he starts pirate swearing and trying to bite our arms but I know in his way he's happy to see me and I'm sure Gizmo is happy to see you too, he may not express it well yet, or it comes out in a way that doesn't seem like it.
Lurch LOVES to attack sisters arm through her coat or sleeve and it's a game for them. Sometimes he seems really mad and really smacks and bites, other times he gently chews and kneads her arm and rubs his head, so we know it's something he does as a greeting, plus to show he's still rough and tough. :hehe:
You know, Gizmo doesn't really have a flock call that I've noticed. He must though. I need to pay more attention. But he almost always says HIIIIIYA in a very animated voice when I walk through the door. And sometimes "hey baby" or "good boy'. I guess those items fit into the jabbering category. And although he has calmed down a lot, it still seems important to him to come across as a bad guy sometimes. But I watch him carefully, as I've said, and take full responsibility for any biting that may take place. Since we had that big problem last summer and clipped, his flighties have grown back and he is flying fairly well. I intend to leave things this way.

MimzyPottles

Moving in
Real Name
Bethany
Hello Everyone!
I haven't posted much since I joined here over a year ago, but appreciate all the useful information I find here on the forums! I have a female BW named Iris and figured it was about time I post her picture here! I have had her for a little over a year, now :) She is a shy but super sweet little girl :heart:! Iriswithfeather.jpg

Maxsmom

Avenue Veteran
I :heart: BW colors! You have a beauty

cetan

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
I lovce that she is holding one of her feathers in her foot. My 2 yr old bronze wing boy Chante says she is very pretty