• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Pinkish urate in budgie's poop

Batool

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Manal
Recently I bought my budgie a toy which is dyed with safe food based color... After a few days now I've seen the white part of my budgie's feces have a tint of pink in it... I'll attach the picture of the toy along with this... Please tell me if I should remove this toy or is it sounds concerning?

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Are you able to post the pictures? Has he/she eaten anything red such as berries?

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
What colour is the toy? That'll likely be the link. Food dyes are generally safe. Photos would be good, but they do show in the poops. You're probably seeing it in the urates after it's leeched from the faeces.

Last edited:

Batool

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Manal
What colour is the toy? That'll likely be the link. Food dyes are generally safe. Photos would be good, but they do show in the poops. You're probably seeing it in the urates after it's leeched from the faeces.
Thank you... The toy color is bright red.

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
Thank you... The toy color is bright red.
That makes sense. I think that's all it is and there's no need to worry any more.