• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Pink white galah need help

Tim892340

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Tim
Hi has pink white galah recently his wing joints have become swallen uses his beak when walking on perch almost like he has arthritis can someone tell me what can be done for him and if its something comon with species one off his wings is just hanging had something similar a while ago but came good is there something can be done for him dont really want to put him down some advice would be good thanks

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
I am not sure what would cause it, but I would strongly suggest you have him checked out by an Avian Vet… if it happened before, it is obviously going to be something that will be re-occurring, hence why it needs to be looked at and treated so it doesn’t.

How big is his cage? Do you have a smaller cage he can go into (for now) so he doesn’t have to move around as much?

Mystics Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tanya
Tim where r you locatedMaybe someone could point you to the best place to help if we knew where you r

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I would move him into a smaller cage or an aquarium to limit his movement until a vet visit to see whats going on. Good luck.:hug8: keep us posted.

Tim892340

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Tim
Thanks for everyones replies am in adelaide if someone could guide me to good avian vet is it true because galah is native to australia they can get free vet assistance

roxynoodle

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I Can't Stop Posting!
Real Name
Audrey
Yes, he needs to see a vet. Arthritis can be treated in birds with medications. And if it's something else you need to find out what it is and what can be done for him. Good luck!