• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pigeon with Abdomen Crusty Growth

ColfaxNova

Checking out the neighborhood
Hello! A pigeon had been hanging around our windows and clinging to our house this past week. We were finally able to bring her inside. She's eating and drinking, pooping normally. My experience is hookbills and chickens, but she feels a little underweight to me. My biggest concern is she's got this bizarre crusty thing that seems to be extruding from her abdomen. I've attached pictures. I do have a good avian vet I can take her to, but it's about an hour from here and I won't be able to get in until next week with work schedule. I'm wondering if anyone has seen this before? Is this an emergency, take off work and go immediately sort of issue? Advice welcomed!!

Attachments

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
That looks like a puncture wound to me..I would not mess with it...maybe send the pic to your vet and see what they have to say. I'm the person who take off work ( my boss understands) and get her to the vet..its good shes eating, drinking, and pooping..Let us know..I've a soft spot for Pidgies..