• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pigeon not eating much - otherwise healthy

RedCarpetEclectus

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Sarah
I have an adult male frillback pigeon, have had him for a few months now and noticed he has not been eating nearly as much as he should over the past few days. He is still a good weight, active and still flys about, feathers in good condition. He is coming to the end of his moult if that matters. Should I be concerned?

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Moulting is tough. Can you give him some scramble eggs, good protein for moulting monsters.

Tim

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
If he's maintaining his weight, he should be fine! Maybe he's eating when you're not around--or sneaking food from someone else :cautious:

RedCarpetEclectus

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Sarah
If he's maintaining his weight, he should be fine! Maybe he's eating when you're not around--or sneaking food from someone else :cautious:
He is in a cage on his own as e was an unexpected rescue, I havent found a mate for him yet, so I can monitor his food really well which is why I am worried

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Yes, I can do that :) do you think I should worry about the amount he is eating?
If it's like a quarter to half a regular size egg, it'll be OK, just don't overdo it, and not every day, give it to him twice A week.