• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pierre...A changed bird. A happy bird.

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
Well he'll have to work out the rules between them I guess. Nerd bird I was his world just like Pierre is to you. HOWEVER he and my sister had certain things that were just for them. He knew when her days off were and would wait impatiently in the morning for her to finish her cereal and then share some with him... Then the morning scritch and love session was to begin. He'd let her scritch him till he had enough and he'd get grumpy and make her stop or back away. When I'd get home those days I'd get the morning session report on what they ate and how long scratches were allowed... :xflove: Nerd had a lot of requirements and rules to be obeyed between us. Some were for me only, some for her, and the whoever rules for who was handy he trusted.

Parrotkiss

Hit the Road
Frankenmuth, Michigan (Formerly from the U.K.)
Real Name
Glenda
Well he'll have to work out the rules between them I guess. Nerd bird I was his world just like Pierre is to you. HOWEVER he and my sister had certain things that were just for them. He knew when her days off were and would wait impatiently in the morning for her to finish her cereal and then share some with him... Then the morning scritch and love session was to begin. He'd let her scritch him till he had enough and he'd get grumpy and make her stop or back away. When I'd get home those days I'd get the morning session report on what they ate and how long scratches were allowed... :xflove: Nerd had a lot of requirements and rules to be obeyed between us. Some were for me only, some for her, and the whoever rules for who was handy he trusted.
Rules? Birds have rules? :laughin: Their rules! In the many years we have had birds, and the level of trying to change them, ha ha, which rarely happens, some were set in their rules. Others did change.
With Grey Grey, he's mine in morning, Michael's in evening. Grey Grey's rules. Now pierre, is a mommy's bird. I put coat on its " bye bye". I pick up phone, it's " hello, how are you" , I leave the room it's "momma, momma momma" . I
We had two cockatoo's that I loved, but they drove me to swear alot. Especially Billy Jean.
That darn bird would analyze everything. I would have a nice picture I print out and put in a frame, Billy jean will decide she didn't like it and destroy it. Me I'm like " Hey!! God ******! Well Billy learn to swear too. My fault. But she would do that slow hard Godzilla walk into kitchen and yell " Hey!! God ******!! " ha ha ha, it was funny sometimes.

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
They train us as much as we train them. If we do it right eventually we all come to a understanding on how things are to work. It takes a long time to train a good parront and they are good about it and sneaky. You think your training them and eventually things are just happening and it works.
Nerd and I had many games. One was touching parrot where when I got home from work I'd run like a maniac towards his cage yelling touching bird, he'd scamper to the back while I tried to touch a wing and he'd dive over the back and slide down just as I'd maybe tap him. He'd be making happy noises and looking at me like "ya missed me again" He'd be very put out if it didn't happen when I walked in for the day.

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
Oh he does have a strong bite. Just ask Michael, he gotten bitten pretty good the other night.
Me I can touch Pierre anywhere. Even on jaw.
I'm guessing a bad experience from a male figure.
Yes, um he does. Dang that hurt.

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
Trust me, a pissed off Maxi can really bite when they mean it too. My first scratch with Lurch ended up with him having a bad thought and tearing open the back of my scratching finger faster than I could get out of the way, he never gave any warning either. I got a lot of bites all over from him and learned to leave him alone or be fast till he decided I was ok and he'd at least warn me first.