• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

pierogi <3

beetlegobl

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
lucy
my bird pierogi passed away last night in the car on the way to the emergency vet. i miss him dearly and the house is not complete without his constant squawking and ringing of his bells. i am filled with grief and regret and guilt about his death but i wanted to make a tribute <3

how do you guys deal with grief? i feel terrible as i didn’t get him to the vet in time since he was still eating and drinking so he could’ve made it to his appointment on thursday,, but then he stopped and he passed away on the way to the vet. i feel like if i had taken him sooner he may not have died. but i can’t change that now and i feel so guilty and lost without him

Attachments

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I'm so sorry for your loss. We all deal with grief differently. I find it best to be able to just have people who understand around me, whether in person or online.

SeñorBirb

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Ella
I am so sorry for your loss. Focus on the happy memories you had with him. RIP Pierogi :sorrow:

Tvdv96

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Tessa
I am so sorry for your loss :sorrow:

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I think that you should avoid thinking this;
i feel like if i had taken him sooner he may not have died.
Maybe you would have took him sooner and the outcome would have been the same. It´s not your fault, and thinking about the what-ifs, after the fact, are only going to make you feel bad, which is not helping. You are already dealing with a great loss, you don´t need to be made to feel guilty by your thoughts on top of that.

Like Shawna said, Confiding in someone is a great idea. Be it us here or a friend or family member who understands how you are feeling.

Maybe you could make a special place, maybe in the garden, you could lay a painted stone under a tree. Or set up some pictures in a corner of your room so you can go somewhere to remember him.

I´m truly sorry for your loss.

BirbBrain

Walking the driveway
I am so sorry for your loss. :(

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
So sorry for your loss. It's hard but you can't think about the what ifs. It will drive you crazy. Just try to take comfort in the memories and knowing that you gave him a good life.

JewellBird

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Miranda
I am so sorry for your loss. When my green cheek conure Einstein passed earlier this year, it helped me to make a little memorial garden in my yard for him with beautiful flowers and plants, and getting a little personalized memorial stone to put where he is buried. It just gave me some closure and a beautiful way to remember him each time I see the little memorial garden, so maybe you could do something like that in memory of him? Also, just think of all of the fun and beautiful memories the two of you created together, I'm sure he knew he was loved dearly. :sadhug2:

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
I am sorry for the loss of Pierogi...such a handsome chap.
Your feelings of guilt come from your deep love for him. This is a natural thing for us humans to have...it's called the "What ifs"... and we've all had them...because we've all lived someone ( human or otherwise) before.
My advice is to let go of the " what ifs"...banish them from your mind forever.
Pierogi would have wanted it that way...and he would have wanted you to remember his bell ringing and chirping!

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
I’m so very sorry for your loss of your special little friend. It probably wouldn’t have made a difference if you took him to the vet a little sooner, so don’t beat yourself up.
:sadhug2:

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I am sorry for your loss.

Tilly123

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Chrissie
I'm so sorry for your loss. Treasure your memories. Pierogi will live in your heart forever.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
So sorry for your loss of Pierogi.