• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures tell the story....

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
Not really.

They were in small cages when I rescued them. Stacked on top of each other.

When I brought them home, their huge cages were side by side for a while. Secret had issues with circling the cage and I read that she needed a wall for security so I moved her across the room. MC was fine with his cage next to the stairwell.

They sang together though. An opera like where one stopped the other parrot picked it up.

Besides, I was scared they'd bite each other. Although to be totally honest, I was scared Secret would hurt my buddy.

I miss the sounds but I'm scared to hunt for a video to listen to at home. Secret grieved and I think it would traumatize her.
Use headphones and make sure she can't see the screen if you're up to watching old videos.

Sarahmoluccan

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
He’s still a spitfire. Bit me this morning as I was trying to put his food bowl in. I should have kept an eye on him. Silly me for trusting him. I know better.

View attachment 418343
He's so cute :xflove: but he scares me! :scared5: It's good to hear from you guys :heart:

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
He’s still a spitfire. Bit me this morning as I was trying to put his food bowl in. I should have kept an eye on him. Silly me for trusting him. I know better.

View attachment 418343
But was it a full on bite or just a I kinda like you so I have to do this kind of bite. As Lurch slowly decided he was kinda fond of me he gave more warning and didn't try to bite as hard...

Wasabisaurus

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
But was it a full on bite or just a I kinda like you so I have to do this kind of bite. As Lurch slowly decided he was kinda fond of me he gave more warning and didn't try to bite as hard...

He drew blood, so it wasn’t a I-tolerate-you bite. He got me under the nail. It’s not a huge deal. I have had many worse bites, but he snuck it in as I was putting his food bowl in. He still won’t let me touch his bowls. He has his moods, I get that. That’s alright, but the bowls won’t fill themselves. I need a plexiglass shield for these occasions.
Maybe the noise from the repairmen working outside annoyed him. Wasabi was OK with it yesterday. Well, the mood will pass and he’ll be almost tolerant again.

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Not really.

They were in small cages when I rescued them. Stacked on top of each other.

When I brought them home, their huge cages were side by side for a while. Secret had issues with circling the cage and I read that she needed a wall for security so I moved her across the room. MC was fine with his cage next to the stairwell.

They sang together though. An opera like where one stopped the other parrot picked it up.

Besides, I was scared they'd bite each other. Although to be totally honest, I was scared Secret would hurt my buddy.

I miss the sounds but I'm scared to hunt for a video to listen to at home. Secret grieved and I think it would traumatize her.
There were a few occasions Henry got on Lola’s cage and I saw them touching beaks once before I “helped” Henry climb back down and herd him back to his. Even though Lola is much smaller than him he is afraid of her. He could have easily harmed her. I think being in the same area is of comfort. They do feed off of each other vocally in songs. The other night she started Peeka-boooing and turned it a little opera-etic. It was cute. Her pronunciation of peeka-boo is “Ika-boooo”. She loves back and forth peeka-boos.

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
He drew blood, so it wasn’t a I-tolerate-you bite. He got me under the nail. It’s not a huge deal. I have had many worse bites, but he snuck it in as I was putting his food bowl in. He still won’t let me touch his bowls. He has his moods, I get that. That’s alright, but the bowls won’t fill themselves. I need a plexiglass shield for these occasions.
Maybe the noise from the repairmen working outside annoyed him. Wasabi was OK with it yesterday. Well, the mood will pass and he’ll be almost tolerant again.
Lurch was the same way except he did finally like me. Biting for him was a feature so even after he decided we were friends approach him when he was pissy you better be fast or your getting da bites.

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
Oh yeah, get removable bowls from the outside. Made life with Lurch much easier because he did not want his food or water touched either. A bigger cage helped too because it was easier for him to be far enough away to not bother trying to bite.