• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures tell the story....

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Boy, you really appreciate those special times when they are loving a good scratch or head rub. I do the same thing as you with my thumb pressed on the head and scritch with the fingers. Lola is the subtle hinter for scratches. When I change her papers she moves to the top of her open door and sits patiently. If that’s not doing it she moves down closer and sits on a flat cup holder and waits for me to stop with the papers to touch her. Here, she could easily climb on my back but she doesn’t. Sometimes she will grab my shirt to get my attention. Once in a while she will move down to the opening of the door to keep me from reaching in. They’re so smart! As long as I avoid those new pins she enjoys a good scratch or rub. If it’s a good scratch she’ll gift you with her perfume.

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I'll see what I can do but will probably be tomorrow.

I love Thanksgiving.

Family comes in to stay for a few days and I do cooking and dishes and cleaning (grandson threw up after eating red chips.... in off white carpeting in the bedroom), then all the grandsons want to go get the Christmas tree, then the turkey decorations get put up for next year, then Christmas ornaments come out (boxes and boxes are still scattered), then I travel hours to see my brothers and drop off nut rolls, then cook for in-laws today, then make turkey salad from leftovers tonight and WAIT! What a great thought just hit me.

I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST FREAKING EXHAUSTED!!!

Greylady1966

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Carol
It's amazing how fast they can whip their heads around. I was cleaning out Billy's house and I accidentally bumped his tail. He has had many chances to bite but never has, yet.

Tyrion

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
Beautiful :)

Greylady1966

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Carol
I think your right. His approximate age when we adopted him was 31. They didn't know anything about previous homes except that someone had him for 4 years. He loves Howard so much.

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
So pretty! Did Secret and MC hang out together at all?
Not really.

They were in small cages when I rescued them. Stacked on top of each other.

When I brought them home, their huge cages were side by side for a while. Secret had issues with circling the cage and I read that she needed a wall for security so I moved her across the room. MC was fine with his cage next to the stairwell.

They sang together though. An opera like where one stopped the other parrot picked it up.

Besides, I was scared they'd bite each other. Although to be totally honest, I was scared Secret would hurt my buddy.

I miss the sounds but I'm scared to hunt for a video to listen to at home. Secret grieved and I think it would traumatize her.