• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures of Our Birds and Babies (squee :)

Laurie

The Best Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laurie
It has been a while since I posted pictures of our flock. This isn't even all of them. LOL!

Every birdie is doing great! We have babies (almost nonstop). I had to take two of them on vacation with me or there would not have been a vacation. You know I love it though.
:heart::heart::heart:

This one is baby (Princess) Buttercup.

PXL_20220204_161025271.jpg

A picture of Cooper and Marina earlier in the year. They hatched at the end of December/beginning of January.

PXL_20220211_141633900.jpg

Cooper is in the baby bin. They stay here until they start flying. This is a few weeks old and they have moved into a regular cage set up for fledglings at first then rearranged for more agile birds as they get a little older and more sure of themselves.

PXL_20220308_032056854.jpg

Cooper and Marina are trying out pellets for the first time.

PXL_20220309_155450829.PORTRAIT~2.jpg
This one sums up life in the bird room pretty well.

PXL_20220326_202750906.jpg

They are Ivy, Buttercup and Poppy. Sweet little ones all lined up for a pretty picture.

PXL_20220326_205121151.jpg

These 4 (only 3 pictured) are crazy and so much fun. They are 2-3 year old 2nd generation birds from my aviary and they are just a hoot. They will be separated into two pairs soon but have all been hanging out in a little gang for most of their lives. What's in the drawer, Mom?

PXL_20220215_164634559.jpg
My crazy Bea. She turns 3 this year.

PXL_20220306_201646500.jpg

I am not sure who is happier, the one on top or the one in with the food. I turned around and when I looked back this is what I found.

PXL_20220308_235445340.jpg

This is Cooper. He is 3 months old and just figured out how to bathe. I am pretty sure I was as wet as he was.

PXL_20220329_221530767.jpg

Kassiani

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
This is just glorious!!! What a flock, and those babies are precious! They’re in such beautiful condition, too. That’s a lot of Caiques…you have my sympathies, lol!

Laurie

The Best Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laurie
This is just glorious!!! What a flock, and those babies are precious! They’re in such beautiful condition, too. That’s a lot of Caiques…you have my sympathies, lol!
Ha Ha Ha! I happen to think caiques are practically perfect in every way.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Each as beautiful as the last :swoon: Will any be staying with you?

Wardy

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Lovely flock of birds

sootling

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Ollie (he/they)
We need more pics! ASAP! I must desensitize myself to this cuteness!

Laurie

The Best Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laurie
Each as beautiful as the last :swoon: Will any be staying with you?
I have room for two more birds in my permanent flock. I may keep another black-headed one and try to find an unrelated one to pair up with it. I'm working on that. All these white belly babies have new homes lined up. I have added four birds in the last three years and after the last two we'll have a full house. 12 is all that comfortably fit in a space that I have. As you can imagine 12 caiques are more than enough fun

FeatheredM

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monique
It must be amazing to be around a bunch of baby birds!

Laurie

The Best Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laurie
It must be amazing to be around a bunch of baby birds!
It definitely is. But tons of work and you can't just take off somewhere. Pretty much always have to be thinking about babies. Last thing I do before bed and first thing I do in the morning. I've had to leave friends house just to come home and feed babies because I couldn't be gone for more than a few hours. And when they're really little sometimes they have to get up a few times in the night just to feed them.

I do love it though!

Irishj9

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
JP
Oh yes, then when you're handfeeding a little half feathered chick on your lap, he gets excited and jumps off, falling awkwardly on the floor and holding his wing oddly overnight

....so you dont sleep, worrying

Or a baby lands on the wrong cage and loses a toenail. You stop the bleeding and disinfect. Still, later in bed you wonder, Is he ok?. Is he bleeding again RIGHT NOW?

Laurie

The Best Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laurie
Oh yes, then when you're handfeeding a little half feathered chick on your lap, he gets excited and jumps off, falling awkwardly on the floor and holding his wing oddly overnight

....so you dont sleep, worrying

Or a baby lands on the wrong cage and loses a toenail. You stop the bleeding and disinfect. Still, later in bed you wonder, Is he ok?. Is he bleeding again RIGHT NOW?
It sounds like you have done this before. LOL!

I had four of my birds out today. And as I start looking around the room to make sure I know where they all are and what they are up to. I see 1, 2, 3, 4 ... 5, 6!!!! What is going on here and how is there not a fight. I guess they didn't notice yet. Two extra birds on the top of the door. I have no idea how long they were out. Not long I think because they are attending their nest and stick pretty close. Crazy birds. They went home with out much trouble. I almost had a heart attack.

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
How many do you have i total @Laurie

Vmax

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Vanessa
Your pictures of your beautiful little crew are a balm for my soul. Thank you for sharing them and captioning them.

Irishj9

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
JP
It sounds like you have done this before. LOL!

I had four of my birds out today. And as I start looking around the room to make sure I know where they all are and what they are up to. I see 1, 2, 3, 4 ... 5, 6!!!! What is going on here and how is there not a fight. I guess they didn't notice yet. Two extra birds on the top of the door. I have no idea how long they were out. Not long I think because they are attending their nest and stick pretty close. Crazy birds. They went home with out much trouble. I almost had a heart attack.
Oh the counting, the obsessive counting...How many did I let out? Oh yes 3. Where are they?. One under the TV trying to electrocute himself chewing cables, ......one on Cha-Cha's nestbox trying to open the hatch from the outside ( Cha_Cha has 2 chicks in there and will start a nuclear war if that hatch is opened), and then there's baby Dingdong, the fastest bird I have ever seen, racing back and forth overhead in a blur of colour, swerving left and right in the air.....just because he can!

Wait........is the bathroom window open?, Gotta go

Tyrion

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
WOW ..your babies are so cute ..love the pics :bliss:

MR. Mango

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Gonna make your life even harder, how many counting babies aka all the birds under your roof

Laurie

The Best Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laurie
Your pictures of your beautiful little crew are a balm for my soul. Thank you for sharing them and captioning them.
:) Thank you :)