• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures of Buddy our plucking Jenday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jally

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sherry
He has more feathers than what he ever has! The things I have been doing differently than his former family are: Daily spritzing, sun lamp, weaning from sun flower seeds, has a birdie friend, call him beautiful every chance I can (silly I know but it is the positive feeling that he is getting, not the stressed negative feelings from his former owner) and as less stress as possible.

I forgot to add that when he got here, his whole entire cage smelled strongly of fabric softener. I don't use fabric softener on my birds' laundry. In fact, I barely use laundry soap. Just hot water, a smidge of soap, and lots of vinegar.

The first picture is from a few days ago and the second one is from when he first got here. Notice his legs!!

How much is too much from a sun lamp? It is on from about 9ish AM til it starts getting dark outside. Is that too much?

Attachments

Last edited:

Archiesmom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Natalie
He looks MUCH better! I don't know about the sunlamp...I know its supposed to imitate sunrays though, so I would assume that your timeframe is pretty on par and would be ok...hopefully someone with more expertise will stop by :)

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
You're definitely doing a fantastic job with him, he looks so much better and he's a big cutie pie! :heart:

Mystics Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tanya
WOW,he looks great

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
Wow he is looking great!

Jally

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sherry
Thank you! He is a cutie pie, but so moody LOL I guess he's allowed to be somewhat moody since he is 10 LOL

Thanks Natalie!

Status
Not open for further replies.