• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictured Pi thread

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
Lurch already had a bunch words and phrases he knew and was picking new ones all the time. Dobby says Dobby, I'm Dobby, Dobby good boy, hi, hello and im sure others we haven't heard yet. Nerd spoke wild Pionus and whistles, we understood each other perfectly and he was happy.

jh81

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jan
It was al gibberish, but i swear it sounded like words :)

@Eloy who else has pi’s?
Make em post pics!

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
He seems to really care about how he looks for sure. Lurch always had bronzed feathers from flying and being active and not really liking showers. Nerd had a habit of preening his chest when happy and over doing it with bird spit so he had feathers sticking up there unless he just had a shower.
Dobby has decided his shower cage and our showers are acceptable again so we throw him in it occasionally when he seems ready and let him soak in the warm water till he'd done. He'll try to bathe in cups and anything else he can find when he's ready.
I have pictures of Nerd and Lurch and many more of Dobby but couldn't find any others I'd resized and I know I've posted other pictures here before.

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
What a handsome boy.

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
His eyes look happy, congratulations. :xflove:

scrape

Celebirdy of the Month
Beautiful birds! Pi have that silent beauty. :heart: (And sometimes not so silent)

@Dartman I wanted to ask where did the name Lurch and Nerd come from?

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
I like unique names or just something different so the two on the Polaroid were Ferd and Nerd bird. My original two wild siblings from 78. Lurch was new bird or Newbie for a long time till I found something that fit him. I realized he was big, mean, and came whenever I rang his Bell so he reminded me of Lurch from the Adams family so it stuck. Nerd was always the skinny klutzy one of the brothers and it just went well with Ferd. He knew his name, had a name for me, and a wild bird name for himself. Lurch was a very mad at the world scared to death bird when he got here and very slowly grew to trust me. Dobby got his name from Momazons daughter who was a big Harry Potter fan and Dobby has those big brown eyes. I'm not going to change it, he knows he's Dobby and proudly announces that he's Dobby when he's excited or trucking across the carpet. I have a lot more I can post as I have folders full of all my flock mates time with me. Ive had some form of digital camera since the late 90s and decent film SLR since the early 80s that I still have a couple of, good luck finding anyone to develop it.

jh81

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jan
Look at all these wonderful new pictures! :heart:

keep ‘em coming! I need my daily fix heehehe

yeah, Max is very content! They went outside yesterday, they where so silent the first half our.. i think they never ever seen sunlight :( But once they gotten used to it, their chatter was so wonderful! They made noises i havent heard yet, but i could tell they where both enjoying it much! Max is alo sitting near or on me more and more, though i have not yet tried to pet him :)

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
Such a happy handsome boy, he certainly luvs his daddy. :xflove:

scrape

Celebirdy of the Month
I like unique names or just something different so the two on the Polaroid were Ferd and Nerd bird. My original two wild siblings from 78. Lurch was new bird or Newbie for a long time till I found something that fit him. I realized he was big, mean, and came whenever I rang his Bell so he reminded me of Lurch from the Adams family so it stuck. Nerd was always the skinny klutzy one of the brothers and it just went well with Ferd. He knew his name, had a name for me, and a wild bird name for himself. Lurch was a very mad at the world scared to death bird when he got here and very slowly grew to trust me. Dobby got his name from Momazons daughter who was a big Harry Potter fan and Dobby has those big brown eyes. I'm not going to change it, he knows he's Dobby and proudly announces that he's Dobby when he's excited or trucking across the carpet. I have a lot more I can post as I have folders full of all my flock mates time with me. Ive had some form of digital camera since the late 90s and decent film SLR since the early 80s that I still have a couple of, good luck finding anyone to develop it.
I love unique names.
I like recording and taking pictures of my pets as well. One of my roommates says pictures are useless but I love to look back on them and they mean so much to me.