• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pics :)

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Last night Burt dropped his longest tail feather (which would usually be the second longest of the tail feathers) so now he’s walking about with such a short tail I just had to share how cute he looks :D

A83DDF4A-6DCF-4E31-A64A-B1E36BCFC73A.jpeg 7FA8C499-5D63-40AB-99BC-9DC931FDB85E.jpeg B85BAF33-BFE3-46AF-9D75-5B9D2DC1870B.jpeg

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
Last night Burt dropped his longest tail feather (which would usually be the second longest of the tail feathers) so now he’s walking about with such a short tail I just had to share how cute he looks :D

View attachment 325275 View attachment 325276 View attachment 325277
Burt's a beautiful boy and he looks HUGE compared to my crew (the biggest is Sun Tikki). I'm glad to see that your furniture is covered and looks like out furniture - make my house feel "normal".

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Korbel has a duck butt right now too. I like it as it swipes less off tables. :laugh:

That second picture looks like "Im going to fly to you but you need to back up or get lower".

If you think of it we usually only see bird pics w/o much furniture included.
Flighted macaw photos will always have furniture. You really can't control where they go and they always want to be with you. :p You gonna tell that face NO?

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Burt looks as handsome as ever!!! :cloud9: :loveshower:

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Korbel has a duck butt right now too. I like it as it swipes less off tables. :laugh:

That second picture looks like "Im going to fly to you but you need to back up or get lower".

Flighted macaw photos will always have furniture. You really can't control where they go and they always want to be with you. :p You gonna tell that face NO?
Burt is loving that he doesn’t have to work so hard to turn around in tighter spots so he seems to be testing out getting into and out of the more compact areas that he normally avoids :roflmao:
I do find it rather cute how odd they look with the duck butt :heart:
He always wants to fly to me, I used to make it so he always made it a perfect landing but as he got better at flying I stopped helping unless I’ve asked him to come to me..... makes for some rather interesting and quite daring take offs and landings :lol:

As for my covered furniture guys..... it’s covered as much to protect it as it is to protect me! There are beak marks and the odd chunk missing from most of my furniture..... the towels stop me from seeing the damage and tend to distract Burt for a few seconds before he tries to take more chips out of them. Lol. His latest obsession is opening my underwear drawer and putting beak holes in everything or flying off with it..... I have very little control over that as he won’t take me seriously while I’m laughing and I do find it really hard to say no to that face!!

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Burt is loving that he doesn’t have to work so hard to turn around in tighter spots so he seems to be testing out getting into and out of the more compact areas that he normally avoids :roflmao:
I do find it rather cute how odd they look with the duck butt :heart:
He always wants to fly to me, I used to make it so he always made it a perfect landing but as he got better at flying I stopped helping unless I’ve asked him to come to me..... makes for some rather interesting and quite daring take offs and landings :lol:

As for my covered furniture guys..... it’s covered as much to protect it as it is to protect me! There are beak marks and the odd chunk missing from most of my furniture..... the towels stop me from seeing the damage and tend to distract Burt for a few seconds before he tries to take more chips out of them. Lol. His latest obsession is opening my underwear drawer and putting beak holes in everything or flying off with it..... I have very little control over that as he won’t take me seriously while I’m laughing and I do find it really hard to say no to that face!!
I'll try to get a picture of duck rear today, I'm pretty sure mine is shorter than yours. ;)

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
Burt is very handsome, even with a duck butt.

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
Dobby loves to chew anything fabric and is quite quick and adept at punching holes in things. We usually have two layers on the furniture so he busies himself at destroying the outer layer. All my other birds would destroy certain things and never punched holes in my wool army blankets. A beak that big could just crunch something he couldn't get a hole in to suit him. He does look like a happy boy though so that's half the battle and you cover and distract as you can.

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
I think @WallyLoopey might have a few duck-but pics, too.

Are all of the Avenue's duck-butt macs B&G? blue heart.png yellow heart.png