• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pics from today's ride!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SallyQZ

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Loree
Do you have your Andy at your home or do you lease him somewhere? How many hands is he?
Yes, he is at home now. We bought horse property last summer (or what passes for horse property in Southern California) and he came home after he recovered from being gelded. It's only 1 acre, but it has a 3 stall barn (with feed room and tack room) and some small turnouts where he can enjoy the sun. The arena in the pics is a community arena just down the road from us - our lot isn't big enough to have an arena of it's own.

Panama is 15.2 hands tall, just the right size! I can mount from the ground, so if I have to get off during a trail ride, I can get back on. My jumper is 17 hands tall, so there was NO way that I could get my leg up high enough to get it into the stirrup iron. I always used a mounting block. I trained him so that I could climb up on a fence or stump or whatever, then make kissing sounds and he would sidestep over to where I was so I could mount. It was very cute, but not overly helpful if I couldn't find something to climb up on. :D

blackivory

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Chels
Yes, he is at home now. We bought horse property last summer (or what passes for horse property in Southern California) and he came home after he recovered from being gelded. It's only 1 acre, but it has a 3 stall barn (with feed room and tack room) and some small turnouts where he can enjoy the sun. The arena in the pics is a community arena just down the road from us - our lot isn't big enough to have an arena of it's own.

Panama is 15.2 hands tall, just the right size! I can mount from the ground, so if I have to get off during a trail ride, I can get back on. My jumper is 17 hands tall, so there was NO way that I could get my leg up high enough to get it into the stirrup iron. I always used a mounting block. I trained him so that I could climb up on a fence or stump or whatever, then make kissing sounds and he would sidestep over to where I was so I could mount. It was very cute, but not overly helpful if I couldn't find something to climb up on. :D
I missed this reply! You're so lucky :)

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
I think we need more pics!!:D Why did I think you were from NZ?

Status
Not open for further replies.