• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pics from today's ride!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SallyQZ

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Loree
It was a hot one today, temps in the upper 90's, but Panama was eager to go out for a ride. We did a little bit of arena work, then went for a short trail ride. He was such a ham today - my husband snapped a few pics. Here are some shots of him being sassy (he gets extra animated at the trot), then doing Spanish Walk, and cooling off in the stream. He is SO much fun to ride! :heart:

Attachments

Archiesmom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Natalie
Absolutely beautiful!! I've been dying to hit the trails now that the leaves are turning...hopefully this upcoming weekend :)

Lovebirdlover

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kennedy
Beautiful!

He has such a long tail!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SallyQZ

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Loree
Thanks everyone! He makes me smile just about every time I ride him now. Our first six months were pretty stormy though - he was a stallion when I bought him. I had him gelded, then went through 6 mos of him dealing with raging hormones and challenging me multiple times daily. And he's much smarter than I am, so I felt like I was WAY in over my head.

But I gritted my teeth, and stuck it out - always being consistent and patient and trying to prove to him that I was firm, but not cruel. About 3 months ago, he started trusting me. Then he started working harder for me, and now he knocks himself out daily trying to show me how obedient he can be! :heart:

blackivory

Real Name
Chels
Wow what a stunner. Is he an Andalusian?

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
He is gorgeous!

SallyQZ

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Loree
Wow what a stunner. Is he an Andalusian?
Yes, he's an 8 yr old Andalusian. Or, if you're a purist, he is a Pura Raza Espanola (PRE) - his breeder gets a bit huffy about the word Andalusian, says that the correct title is PRE. :D

The difference is that the PRE horse can be traced back to all spanish ancestors, plus their paperwork is filed with the Spanish registry, not the American one. Also, the horse must pass certain standards to be "revised" and if they don't meet those standards, they don't get papers. The breeders will argue long and loudly about the differences, but they're all Andalusians to me! ;)

blackivory

Real Name
Chels
Ah cool, I'm going to start calling them PRE and make myself look really smart :hehe:

Birdlover

Avian Addiction!
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I had always wondered about that (PRE) and now I know. :D Thanks!

Nicole

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Nicole
Your horse is beautiful. My horse was a dapple grey too but he was a thoroughbred. I sold him when I went to college. That was....well lets just say a long time ago. :-0

I miss him and I miss riding!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SallyQZ

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Loree
Hmm I don't think it will look quite so real, seeing as I have dreadlocks :huh:
Nah, it's all in the attitude! I used to work in the sound stages at Universal Studios and often entered closed sets simply because I'd stare down the person guarding the barrier. A cold look, then brush past them like I belonged, and they'd never say a word. :D

blackivory

Real Name
Chels
Do you have your Andy at your home or do you lease him somewhere? How many hands is he?

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
What a beauty!!:heart::heart::heart:

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran