• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pics from the Cen. FL Bird show{warning to dial-up}

Status
Not open for further replies.

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
thanks for all the pics Carole - that is amazing - the one we have here every year is not nearly that big.

love those birdie windchimes - and all those finches - just amazing!!

TITANIS

Biking along the boulevard
That must have been an amazing show!! Wow, too bad there's absolutely nothing like that over here. It's a great idea to bring the camera along. It was worth it just for the pictures of the Goldens! :eek: :thumbsup:

And I got to hand it to Jill for a great new resizer tool!! :cool3:

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine

And I got to hand it to Jill for a great new resizer tool!! :cool3:
This was the perfect post for that resizer tool!!! :hehe: Worked beautifully! :)

Carole :omg: How did you drag yourself away from there, omg how much fun!!! I bet you got tired :hehe:
The play stands :highfive:, the Goldens :heart: omg just everything was captured wonderfully!! Thanks!!!

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
You are all very welcome, my pleasure!:)

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
wow that is one fabulous bird show

Birdlover

Avian Addiction!
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Thanks for sharing the pics Carole, it was almost like getting to go :D The golden conures :omg: how cute are they?!! Cant wait to see what stuff you got to come home with :D

hsmoscout

Rollerblading along the road
:omg:There's no way you came home without one of those goldens! Just curious, what kind of a price tag did they have on those guys?

MorningGloria

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Celeste
:jawdrop:

What an experience!!! I've never gone to a bird show and after this I'm so conflicted. Part of me is now totally motivated to get on the ball and start making plans and part of me doesn't want to go because it'll be like visiting the neighborhood Petco compared to this. :hehe:

Nikki

Hit the Road
Real Name
Nikki
It looks like you had a wonderful time! I love all the toy making supply section! :starshower:

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
:omg:There's no way you came home without one of those goldens! Just curious, what kind of a price tag did they have on those guys?
$1600. not too bad really! I am glad everyone enjoyed it. Troy is having a frustrating day, so I am going to go and bring him something to eat, and do some paperwork while I sit in the truck. Pics of my stuff will have to wait until later, but I will post as soon as I can. I haven't even unpacked the bags yet. Thanks everyone.

birdlover82

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Susan
That looks like a really fun place. I would love to see a toy making selection like that.

Samm

Moving in
Real Name
Samm Bucceri
wow that is one fabulous bird show
It really is a great bird fair. I've been to almost every one for the past 8 or 9 years. I walked out of the house without my camera so a big thank you to Carole for posting all those great pics.

Next one is in January, as the date gets closer maybe we can plan a meet there, and go someplace for lunch after.
LOL So save a Sunday in January, Marlene you've got to come up again, I'll bring Sapphire....

Allessa

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Janifer
WOW that one just blew the bird mart i went to away!! OMG. I wouldve went NUTS in the toy making section!!

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Isn't that something? They are there every time too. I really should try to get creative and buy some toy making stuff.

The funniest thing just happened..:D
The last bird show I went to, there was a woman there who had some cute dog toys for $2.00. I got one for Heartly. It's a soft stuffed toy, shaped like a small frisbee. He loved that toy. Usually stuffed toys last only a day with Heartly, sometimes a few minutes.:lol: But that one he liked so much he had it awhile, but of course eventually it got pretty tore up, especially the middle part was torn out where the squeeker was.
So this time I found the lady again, looked through her stuff, no dog toys.:( So I mentioned it to her and she told me she still had some, but did not bring them. She offered to mail them to me, so I bought three of them.
So our routine is I wake up early in the morning, and Heartly gets up too. I let him out the back door, and he comes in the front door about 20 min. or so later. So I go to let him in and there was a package on the front stoop. I missed it because we generally come in the side door on the carport, and it was dark when we came in last night. So I open the package and sure enough the three stuffed frisbees. He is SO excited!! His first package toy delivery...hehehe:laughing12: He is running around here like a nut with one of them.. we will put the other two aside for later.:)

Allessa

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Janifer
Aww!! That was nice of her to mail them to you! Everytime i come home from shopping the first thing lacey does is snoop thru all the bags looking for ANYTHING. A treat, a toy, a "something" for Lacey lol. So i either have to buy her something, or i give her a treat when i set the bags down :) Its amazing how smart they are!

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Heheh..Heartly is the same way. Especially when daddy comes home..he brings blueberry muffins:faint:
That was why bringing home a dog toy from the bird fair was so cool that time. He gets very jealous when he sees all those bird toys.... and nothing in there for me??:confused:
That really was sweet of her, I will have to send a thank you note.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.