• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Picky baby

Angela_2

Walking the driveway
Hi there.
My baby is so picky, an Indian ringnecked. I give him every morning a mix of veggies and fruit but he only wants to eat seeds especially sunflowers.
I give him as much variety of food as i can but he doesn't want to eat much of his veggies and fruit.

Today mix included cucumber, pomegranate, corn,bell pepper, carrot,zucchini, few little amount of date and parsley.
But then the ate chill pepper. He loves it so much.

Sometimes i put them in a blender or just chop them in small pieces
Then i offered him a small part of boiled egg but he ate a few bites.
He plays and sleep properly though.

Besides he has a lot of pin feathers everywhere growing up. So, i try as i can to give him food that is good energy sources to help him growing health.

I still don't have pellet yet though.
What should i do to make tweety eat more of his healthy food than sunflower seeds?
Or what is the best thing to do in this condition?

BirdWorld

Rollerblading along the road
You could try making some egg food by hard-boiling and egg, smashing it with a fork, and mixing in seeds and other stuff. Do you have other seeds or only sunflower? You could put seeds on a piece of fruit to entice them to eat it. You could hang a leaf vegetable from the top of the cage as a toy, and the bird may end up eating some as he plays with it. Just some ideas :)

Angela_2

Walking the driveway
You could try making some egg food by hard-boiling and egg, smashing it with a fork, and mixing in seeds and other stuff. Do you have other seeds or only sunflower? You could put seeds on a piece of fruit to entice them to eat it. You could hang a leaf vegetable from the top of the cage as a toy, and the bird may end up eating some as he plays with it. Just some ideas :)
That sounds very good!!! I just remember tweety loves eating fruit shawarma i make XD, fruit slices on a stick, so yeah I'll try it again.
The seed mix has many types of seeds and dried fruit but he only loves sunflowers.
Thank you so much!! ^_^ gotta try them out