• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pick me up daddy

txdyna65

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Kenny
Lucy is really enjoying all this time Im spending at home now, me not so much. She wants me to carry her around all the time or hold and play with her.
Shes sitting on my shoulder now for the last hour grinding her beak and fighting to stay awake.

Here is her best pose saying pick me up daddy. No she doesnt say it, but she picks her foot up and says ready though.

Lucy pick me up.jpg

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
I love it! Puffin has been giving us her foot more since we've been home, too. :swoon: Wrapped around their little talons, aren't we?

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
If Secret lifts a foot, it means back off!

Lucy is beautiful.

Waiting on a picture of the other zon though.....

txdyna65

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Kenny
@Clueless I have a hard time getting decent pics of Miss Birdy. She has totally become my wifes bird and rarely has anything to do with me at all.
As far as shes concerned she would sit on my wifes shoulder all day if she would let her. No matter where my wife is in the house, if she calls her, she will fly to her and land on her hand.
But for you I will try to get a pic of her.

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I can't wait to see even if it looks like you shook the Camera. Many of Buddy's pics turn out that way because he rarely is still. :hug8:

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
@Clueless I have a hard time getting decent pics of Miss Birdy. She has totally become my wifes bird and rarely has anything to do with me at all.
As far as shes concerned she would sit on my wifes shoulder all day if she would let her. No matter where my wife is in the house, if she calls her, she will fly to her and land on her hand.
But for you I will try to get a pic of her.
How about a picture of Miss Birdy sitting on your wife's shoulder?

I'm astonished, truly. All these years and I don't think I could trust one on my shoulder.

Although..... MC is such a sweetheart. He had a bad day yesterday and when I tried to touch him in the head he bit me..... didn't break the skin OR even bruise it. He could have done severe damage to that finger but didn't.

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
They all can have bad days that's for sure. Dobby didn't want to go in tonight so he kept wiggling his foot and pecking on my arm gently, but he looked ferocious. He's so well socialized he hasn't ever bit bad at all yet but certainly makes his feelings known. You have to be aware of their body language and true mood or one day you might get the bites...
Lurch was not allowed on my shoulder for a long time as he didn't know how to ask nicely for what he wanted, he would just screech and bite my neck or ear. Nerd only bit when hurt or really scared, Dobby refuses to bite and has only pinched me hard once though I've been assured he knows how to bite.

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I'm so jealous!!!! Miss Birdy is flat out beautiful! How cool to establish that great of a feathered friend in such a short time!!!!

txdyna65

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Kenny
The only real problems we have had with Miss Birdy is since she loves to fly now, she likes to land on Lucys cage so when we have them out we have to watch real close where she lands. Lucy does go after her when she lands on her cage, but thankfully never goes after her otherwise. I dont think Lucy is jealous of her, she just doesnt want her on her cage. We've also tried several times to have them both outside in the aviary. Miss Birdy seems to want to go near Lucy and be friends, but Lucy isnt having it. Sometimes they move around out there and behave, but Lucy eventually goes after her and we have to remove one of them. The aviary is pretty big, I think 12X16 and I seperated the middle so there are perches and ropes on each side. We put one on each side and that works for awhile until birdy flies over to the other side. So now we just split time for them being out there so we dont have to sit out there the entire time with them. I usually sit out there with Lucy and play music for her, she likes to sing and dance to her favorites. Birdy could care less if music is played lol.

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Can you put plexiglass on Lucy's cage?

txdyna65

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Kenny
Id rather not, birdy has only landed on the top of her cage maybe 4 or 5 times, so its not that big of a problem. I think shes figured out Lucy doesnt want to be friends. Its just something that we have to watch for. Their cages are about 3' from each other and neither has ever tried to attack the other. Like I said, Lucy is pretty much indifferent to birdy until she lands on her cage. Birdy is a pretty passive Zon, and even if you are doing something she doesnt like she wont bite. Shes grabbed my wifes finger once and it was so soft my wife barely noticed she had done it.

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Awww. Your wife deserves her.