• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pic and a question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

grndragon57

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Fred
Samantha, the M2 is doing very well after being here a whole day. The only problem is perches. Since yesterday she has almost destroyed the perch in her cage(1.5" maple). What are the best perch materials for a M2 and where are some good places to purchase? I've been looking at manzanita, but have been unable to find any over 48".

Here is the only pic I managed not to ruin with our new camera.

Merry Christmas

Attachments

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
sh eis gorgeous glad she is doing so well...

Billie Faye

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Billie Faye
They LOVE to chew!!!!!!
I cut branches from trees for mine...and let them just chew away...Any safe wood tree will be fine...:hug8:

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
When you say " She destroyed her perch inside her cage" Iassume thats all she has in there.

To prevent perch destruction(or atleast keep it at a minimum) the cage should be WELL Equiped with Manny many many MANY Toys and quite afew perches of different types, textures, lengths,etc.

I recommend looking at the cage section to see well equiped cages.

Last edited:

thebirdnerds

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Jennifer
Awww she sounds like a wood chewing Too LOL Marie doesn't destroy her perches but she chews LOTS AND LOTS AND LOTS of wood. See if getting several large wood toys help. Also you can try a large rope perch and a boing. My Too chews some of the rope and some times stands on it. She like can't decide whether she wants to destroy it or not. LOL. Make sure she has a TON of toys to keep that big beak busy! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.