• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Photo Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

f3ath3rs2

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Audra
I know that others on here use online photo editors, I was thinking of buying some for my computer... what programs (online, or at the store) do you recommend?
Stuff I'd like to do is manipulate photos, create siggies, etc. I have been using photobucket online to cut out pics of the fids, but I don't know what program I should use to put them together to make a siggy, etc.
Input? Ideas? Suggestions? or?
Thanks in advance! :hug8:

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
another GIMP fan here as well

there is a tad of a learning curve, but you have that with anything.

many of the Photoshop plugins will work with the newer version also

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG

TwoG2s

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Jaye
I use PSP. I found it self-explainatory. It came bundled with a videostudio; which allows me to edit videos.

I have really enjoyed the creative outlets these two pieces of software have opened up for me.

hsmoscout

Rollerblading along the road
If you want to make a simple collage, Picasa is pretty easy to use, but for anything more advanced, I would go with Gimp.

atvchick95

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
Kelli
I use Corel Paint Shop Pro X2 Ultimate My b/f bought it for me For Christmas we got it from Amazon (best price I found)

Only problem I have now is the computer i'm using in my bedroom doesn't read DVD's and it was put on a DVD so I have to use a free trial on this computer

but I love it I've done A lot of things with it

oooh maybe I'll make a post of all the different things I've made with it

I have one of Sheba and some of the birds having a cook out by a lake and all kinds of things

Nikki

Hit the Road
Real Name
Nikki
Coral Paint Shop Pro X2 is an awesome program. I have been using PSP for years, this new release is the bomb! The free online ones are nice in a pinch but they take so darn long to do anything... Well, in my experience anyways.

f3ath3rs2

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Audra
Coral Paint Shop Pro X2 is an awesome program. I have been using PSP for years, this new release is the bomb! The free online ones are nice in a pinch but they take so darn long to do anything... Well, in my experience anyways.

Is PSP what you used for your Siggy? it's ADORABLE!!!

AJ - Thanks! I know the basic collages on Picasa, but I've been wanting to make a siggy kind of like the one Cidney made for me before, but I wanted to try it on my own... I did download gimp, I got one bird cut out, and then fought with the program on the next.... grr

Maybe I'll see if somebody here could make me one... any offers? :D

CarmieJo

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Carmie
I used to use GIMP but I got Photoshop last Christmas. I think it is more elegant than GIMP but not more functional.

Status
Not open for further replies.