• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Phew! I'm on Part 10 of From A to Z

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebecca in Israel

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Rebecca
But now the birds have begun to mature.
Peek a boo, Indy sees you!

And you and even you!!

Indy

films and photos

http://s659.photobucket.com/home/riv...view=slideshow

INDY the ringneck Parrot March 9 pictures by rivka1502 - Photobucket

Egg tooth photo

Here is the baby of Danny and Tzackanit. You can see the "egg tooth" which helps the chick pip its way out of its shell. In a few more days this will fall off. Also the eyes are more visible now and will be opening in another 6 or 7 days. DOH 16 or 17 February 2010
At 12 days old the egg tooth is still visible,but by 20 days of age there is no more sign of that egg tooth, just a nice orange-red beak!
We are nearing midnight here so I will upload the rest tomorrow!

Attachments

Juhi882

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Juhi
absolutely beautiful pictures rebecca!
INDY:heart:
what are they eating in the first link?? and also those green bulb things i recognize them but i don't know their name, are they safe for birds?
Are those wild IRN's out in bushes or you let yours out?

Jan

Stainless Bird Toys @ Blu's Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jan
Well, I looked through some of your many different topic posts ... on your A to Z stuff - confused as heck but I am wondering why you are putting a baby bird out in a flower bed outside? That is one of the last things I would consider on doing with a baby bird. What is all the messy stuff in the nest box? Does it need changed?

Rebecca in Israel

Real Name
Rebecca
Well, I looked through some of your many different topic posts ... on your A to Z stuff - confused as heck but I am wondering why you are putting a baby bird out in a flower bed outside? That is one of the last things I would consider on doing with a baby bird. What is all the messy stuff in the nest box? Does it need changed?
I can't understand what is confusing of grooming, cooing, mating, laying eggs, hatching and feather development. Many people would never get to have this knowledge if not documented. Since people elsewhere asked me for continuos updates, I did just that. To be unconfused one has to start obviously with part one and not only look at the pictures but watch the films as well. The flower pictures were for some springtime greeting I had made for my family . The messy stuff in the box did not need changing, it is wood chips the natural kind you purchase for your hamsters etc, completely untreated and all natural safe type of wood for baby birds and litter natural as well for absorption. The rest is leftover shells and stuff the pair have brought to set up their "nest" after all they collect stuff prior to laying eggs just as the outdoor birds do flying around picking up twigs an so on. No these are not wild birds these are my birds. I am aware as to what I am doing, and I would not put any of my birds at harms way. Just some fun pictures, some pictures such as peach and shesek for example are safe for the birds to eat. No harm ever came to any of my birds.

Last edited:

Greycloud

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Indy looks so beautiful in the flowers!

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
Rebecca, what adorable pictures! The colors of the baby in the flowers is gorgeous. I don't see anything wrong with the pics as long as there wasn't any pesticides in the grass and I'm sure you were watching for any predators. You're family must have loved the pics. :)

Rebecca in Israel

Real Name
Rebecca
Rebecca, what adorable pictures! The colors of the baby in the flowers is gorgeous. I don't see anything wrong with the pics as long as there wasn't any pesticides in the grass and I'm sure you were watching for any predators. You're family must have loved the pics. :)
In my garden, I use absolutely no pesticides of any type. To get rid of insects that pester us, I make a solution of water, dishwashing liquid soap and vinegar! I spray that on my plants and trees. This may be one of the reasons a lot of the wild birds find their way to my garden, because it is a truly natural environment. Besides the fact that they eat the fruit on the trees! The only fruits we ever get to eat are the citrus fruits and the avocados. The birds pig out on the rest.!! Predators, there are a few cats, but when the birds were babies, I never took them out when predators were around and a great deterrant for cats is to srinkle ground black pepper and cigatette ashes. They don't like it one bit. Works for me. My gang doesn't even look at the pictures, they witness the miracle of life firsthand!:hug8:

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
such fantastic pics! your babies are adorable :heart:

I did not know that cigarette ashes and black pepper were a deterrent to cats, will have to give it a try :)

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
:omg: the baby pics are so adorable!!! :heart:

Jan

Stainless Bird Toys @ Blu's Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jan
Rebecca,

I'm sorry, I know I must sounded negitive in my post above, your images are adorable and I know you were merely showing from start to finish on raising the IRN baby. It just caught me off guard seeing the little baby out in a flower bed. The IRN's must drag items into their nest box... that is something Pionus do not do as a rule at least none of mine never did so it seemed strange to see all that stuff in there.

I know it can be interesting to many out there who are not familiar with raising a baby bird. As for myself who had been a breeder for over 23 years simply would not have had the time to document such a thing when I had between 20 to 25 babies each season. Just to keep images on the site of mine for people to see was a chore in itself and to keep in contact with customers.

However, I did keep a pretty good record of my treasured B&G Kuka when I raised her from a two week old baby!!

Thanks for your in depth documentation!

Rebecca in Israel

Real Name
Rebecca
Rebecca,

I'm sorry, I know I must sounded negitive in my post above, your images are adorable and I know you were merely showing from start to finish on raising the IRN baby. It just caught me off guard seeing the little baby out in a flower bed. The IRN's must drag items into their nest box... that is something Pionus do not do as a rule at least none of mine never did so it seemed strange to see all that stuff in there.

I know it can be interesting to many out there who are not familiar with raising a baby bird. As for myself who had been a breeder for over 23 years simply would not have had the time to document such a thing when I had between 20 to 25 babies each season. Just to keep images on the site of mine for people to see was a chore in itself and to keep in contact with customers.

However, I did keep a pretty good record of my treasured B&G Kuka when I raised her from a two week old baby!!

Thanks for your in depth documentation!

Thank you, The purpose of all of my posts obviously is to share what I know about Indian Ringnecks, especially mine and the ones in the wild here. I am not looking for any crown or awards or anything like that. If any of my posts can help even one owner help one bird survive, then I have fulfilled my purpose in posting.
Documenting this took up a lot of time, the time however was not in the docmenting in itself, since I am with an eye on my birds and their development and antics all the time. The time consuming part believe it or not was not in transferring the data to my computer that was quick. The uploading to the internet programs sites is what was so time consuming.
WOW 23 years of breeding! Amazing! I hope others will find information helpful to them, and for those just browsing, I hope they enjoy some of the photgraphic details. The rest of the postings are in Food Court and the Ringneck Section. Is BUD a Ringneck or another type of Parrot?
:heart: Thanks for your input I appreciate it. Perhaps it can somehow all be combined into one thread. That is for the Administration and Technical heads to help me with.

Status
Not open for further replies.