• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

PFOA free non stick pans

Joanncat

Moving in
Hi,
I am researching pans out there that are still non stick, but don’t release the harmful fumes that Teflon does.

I have found Caraway, Greenpan, and the Always Pan. My reluctance to buy these comes from the fact that they can be very speedy and some reviews say they are awesome for a while and then start sticking. For the price, I don’t want pans that are that expensive that are going to need to be shortly replaced.

Costco also has some non stick cookware that specifically say PFOA free in the product description. These come at a lower price so even if I had to replace them down the road, it is not as large of an expense. Also, Costco has an awesome return policy, so if I was unhappy with them after a couple months, they would still take them back. Here is a link to ONE of the Costco options: https://www.costco.com/kirkland-signature-12-piece-hard-anodized-cookware-set.product.100494015.html

if pans specifically say PFOA free, are these safe for birds? I realize if I was buying from China, they might say they don’t have it but still do, but Costco wouldn’t do this. Are there other things besides PFOA that I need to look for?

Xoetix

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
You can also message the company (get it in writing, just in case) - I’ve had great luck with any company’s customer service getting back to me about items being PFOA and PTFE free or not.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
I've had really good luck with zyliss pans
You can also message the company (get it in writing, just in case) - I’ve had great luck with any company’s customer service getting back to me about items being PFOA and PTFE free or not.
This thread is quite old and the original poster has not visited AA for quite some time now- I do not think you will get a reply.

Xoetix

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
This thread is quite old and the original poster has not visited AA for quite some time now- I do not think you will get a reply.
Ha! I didn’t even catch that - I just saw the new post :roflmao: