• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Petsmart Finches

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamie

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Jamie
I had to stop by a Petsmart this afternoon to pick up a few things and I took a few photos of some of the finches they have ...

1. Orange-cheeked waxbills - Estrilda melpoda, native to western and central Africa

2. Spice Finch - Lonchura punctulata, native to southern Asia (India, Sri Lanka, and Indonesia)

3. Green Singing Finch - Serinus mozambicus (Yellow Fronted Canary) also native to Africa, south of the Sahara Desert

Attachments

Sarin

Real Name
Nicole
Beautiful. :) Our Petsmart usually just has the common Java and Zebra.

jamie

Real Name
Jamie
This one often has these species and they usually have a few Society and Zebras also. Sometimes they will have a pair of Gouldians :)

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
ours occasionally has the Gouldians also, but the price tag on them is astronomical

jamie

Real Name
Jamie
Normal Colored Gouldians here are $129 at Petsmart ... there is a breeder not too far from here that sells normals for $80 each and some of the less-common mutations for as much as $300

Marlene

Welcome to the neighborhood!
Real Name
Marlene
Wow, $129!:eek: Sounds expensive for a finch. I will have to check how much they are here in Florida next time I stop by a Petsmart.:rolleyes:
Breeder, $300:omg:

Normal Colored Gouldians here are $129 at Petsmart ... there is a breeder not too far from here that sells normals for $80 each and some of the less-common mutations for as much as $300

Emmilyy

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Emily
pretty little guys. I love finches. Saw a pretty one legged one at the pet store last time we stopped by. cute little thing, wanted to bring him home.

drop

Those are some really cute finches. Orange-Cheeked Waxbills are one of my favorite, they are so tiny.

atvchick95

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
Kelli
on hoobly I find Gouldian finches for around $80.00

one person was selling uncolored gouldian(what ever that may be i'm not into finches) for $45.00

hsmoscout

I love the cut-throat (????) finches (well, I think that's what they're called. their name has something to do with a hurt/damaged throat, as their throats are deep red, looking like they are cut and bleeding.)

Status
Not open for further replies.