• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

PET FOUND: Budgie flew into flat

AJ88

Checking out the neighborhood
Hi,

I'm looking for advice/slim chance of finding owner of a budgie that has made himself at home in my flat by flying in through my balcony door.

He seems happy and health enough but I have absolutely no experience in looking after birds and no idea what to do for him.

I've already registered him on the national pet register as found, however, I need to leave my flat but don't want to leave him to run amok. All vets seem to be closed, is there someone who will help?

Thanks,
AJ

Attachments

aqualover9

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Adriana
Awww he’s such a cute and fluffy boy! (Well at least I think it’s a boy) I hope you find his home soon! Meanwhile, @Lady Jane might know some tips to help you take care of him. Best of luck! :heart:

EDIT: He looks a lot like Pillow from Kevin and Krista Extras:
I'm pretty sure it isn't him though or they would've made another video on losing him.

Last edited:

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
It appears to be an adult male at first glance from the side. You need a cage for his safety and a place for him to eat and drink water. A parakeet seed mix of good quality and some fresh chopped veggies. Put the water in a dish because you do not know if this bird knows how to drink from a tube. Lots of newspaper for on top of the crate to catch droppings. Also a soft sheet to cover or partially cover the cage at night. I cannot see if there is a band on his leg. If there is copy down the numbers and you can trace the breeder and perhaps find out more information. If you have not already post a found budgie on FB and on Parrot 911please do so. Call local vets to ask if they know of any lost budgies. I guess on Monday. Someone is missing him.

Want to add one thing more. Change the seed mix every day because budgies leave the hull of the seed and you might think the bowl is still full. Also fresh water morning and night. If you have a hand vac clean around the cage because the seeds that fall can attract unwanted critters.

If you have a night light use it for him at night. If you have other pets keep them away from him please.

Last edited:

Gribouille

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Hmm, that requires AJ88 to have a cage and seed mix available, but (s)he says (s)he has no experience with birds and needing to leave the flat soon, so that could be a problem...
AJ88, what about ring the bell at all your neighbors and ask if they miss a bird, or have experience, or a cage and seed mix to loan you?