• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pet Food

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I saw her dad prancing around a westminister ring on tv. I had a copy on vhs. I guess I knew his name then but can't remember it now, He was in the show ring for almost 10 years if I recall which is long!
Her registered name was Kissel Acht Gluck or something like that...I forget.. She was the family.
My brother nicknamed her Hoogie & for some reason I can't remember what I called her. It was about 30 years ago & seems like a dream.
I used to take her for car rides & we'd go to Shea Stadium & walk around Flushing Meadow Park.

Another animal I never knew what became of when my parents left the country. My brother said she got out of the house once & disappeared. For some reason he was not fond of her. Maybe he was getting back at me. I hope she ran away & found a loving home.

This was Patina a shaded chinchilla..Also was my cat but gave her to Mom.. Eric loved her & took care of her after mom left the country. Eric took her with him when he died.
I never knew what became of her & I really did not want to know if it was sad.

View attachment 398448

Now Dolly in Australia..my heart breaks...We became good friends..I fed her & changed her litter. Se doted on me.

View attachment 398450

It's not fair but things happen beyond our control.
Scary this world we live in. These things used to be fodder for apocalypses movies. Rationing, sickness & plague.
Where is Mad Max. I guess we got so used to having everything we needed. Then we are fighting over the last package of bread & stressing over toilet paper.

Can't even get an appointment to get labs that I need for a cat scan. My provider said it next avail appoint would be in February.
Luckily I am able to go directly to Quest Diagnosis & they gave me an appointment next week. Only took 3 1/2 hours on the phone to work that out!
Aww all your babies are beautiful her registered name was quite the mouthful. I'm sorry about your lost Kitty friends they were both so beautiful.
Oh my goodness I'm so sorry that you've had such a struggle to get an appointment booked that's just awful. So glad that you have one now I hope for good news :hug8:

Momof3litt

Sprinting down the street
When we have passed through area of particularly bad retail abandonment, I always expect Mad Max's caravan to come out of the distance. Time to get out the silver spray paint....

I'm not shopping much for dog/cat foods ATM, but my local stores (Eastern Canada) have been relatively well stocked. They mainly carry specialty and higher-end foods though. The PetSmarts and Walmarts and others who carry mainly the larger brands are often sold out. Its a good time to support small businesses, but definitely has an impact on the cost.

With bird foods, it seems that Harrisons is either out of stock or seems to go out of stock as quickly as it comes in. Some shops have limited purchases to 2 bags to keep enough to go around. The UK is having a Roudybush shortage, but since it is produced in Canada, I haven't seen issues with getting it here.