• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Perching on the cage bars?

clarousel

Rollerblading along the road
Hi guys,

Not sure if this is normal 'I want out' behaviour?

20200701_094434.jpg

It's usually when I put her in the cage. I don't normally find her there when I come home.

Also should I be concerned that she's taken to biting the rectangle washer for the food bowl?

Note: her face is a mess cause of meds not vomitting!

Mybluebird

Real Name
Anne
My opinion - yes she wants back out. One of my budgies climds on the bars around the door when he wants out. Both my budgies will bite on the washers holding their perches in place.

clarousel

My opinion - yes she wants back out. One of my budgies climds on the bars around the door when he wants out. Both my budgies will bite on the washers holding their perches in place.
Yeah she went off to play with her toys and then went back to perch there. She seemed comfy though since she was grinding her beak?

She is now out and currently attacking my keyboard cover as I type this :shifty:

Kiwi & Co.

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
View attachment 344273

I put her back in because I had to practice and she won't leave my violin alone.

Apparently this is a super comfy spot despite all her perches! She even chatted herself to sleep :shifty:
I couldn’t even find her head at first :lol:

Mybluebird

Real Name
Anne
such a cute picture! My Tweetie likes to sleep in places where he can nestle in with things around him. Maybe he feels more protected. Buddy sleeps where ever - out on the middle of a perch if that's where he is.