• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Perch Size

WeasleyLover

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Maddy
Silly question..... I have only ever purchased rope perches in person and am trying to order some online, but I cannot for the life of me remember which size I got last time. Do you think that the small 5/8" or the medium 7/8" size would be better for my green cheek conures?

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Either will work. I usually went with 7/8 myself for mine but 5/8 will let them wrap their feet around more so might be better for some birds

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I've gotten a mix of the two sizes for mine over the years and both have been loved. Btw @WeasleyLover its great to see that you still post here! I don't know if you remember me I had Nala the Greenie but I was gone for a coupla of years and just recently returned but I always loved hearing about your flock of cuties! How have you and them been? Any new pics to share?

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
They can have both those sizes as it helps keep the feet conditioned.
7/8 might be on the larger side especially if the GCC are small so be sure they have least one size that is best for there feet.
Toes should ideally wrap a certain distance approx 2/3 around the perch for best comfort. Still a larger perch is good to so as to keep up different muscles.